So i'm looking to upgrade the humbucker pick ups on my guitar and i'm looking for a loud industrial tone. I'm looking for something around NIN, MSI, Rammstein and the likes.

I've sorta looked up some options like the DiMarizo D Sonic, Activator X, EMG 81/85, Duncan Distortion. But i don't have much knowledge of pick ups. So can any of ye wise UGers help me out here??
what amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
what amp are you using?

I use Guitar Rig 3 and few different effects to achieve different tones.
Can't afford a proper amp yet... Got a 100w Marshall amp in my school's music room which i use sometimes when i practice in there though, its pretty decent.
looks like you need an amp, not pickups.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I would agree you probly could use an amp that can get those sounds but I play through the ESP LTD Jeff Hanneman signature and its got the EMGs 81 and 85s and the sound is just badass. Great for soloing if your into that like me but it can also get a rich fat lower end.

Heres just a little demo of it.. sound quality kinda blows tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDlZdQOMFuU
Quote by af_the_fragile
I use Guitar Rig 3 and few different effects to achieve different tones.
Can't afford a proper amp yet... Got a 100w Marshall amp in my school's music room which i use sometimes when i practice in there though, its pretty decent.

Not really any point in shelling out for pickups in that case, they won't do anything you can't already do with guitar rig. With those kind of digital interfaces the guitar is incidental in producing the tone, it's all processing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Well, the amp in my college music room is pretty decent so when i hook up my Ibanez guitar through the preamps on Guitar Rig into that, it sounds pretty good. I don't really need an amp right now, neither can i afford one.
I'm just looking to upgrade the stock pickups on my Ibanez RG321.

And i'm not much of a soloist either. So just looking for the best pups for the NIN like loud and sharp industrial tone...
Quote by steven seagull
Not really any point in shelling out for pickups in that case, they won't do anything you can't already do with guitar rig. With those kind of digital interfaces the guitar is incidental in producing the tone, it's all processing.

Yeah, well my guitar tone is usually processed quite a good loads so it losses much of the guitars own characteristics and its more of the digital interfaces producing the tone. Though still the guitar's own tone makes quite a difference.
But lately the stock pick ups on my guitar have become a little noisy and well don't quite have the punch to them or the clarity if i wanna play something clean... So i thought it'ld be a good idea to upgrade the pick ups on it to up the tone as i've gotta stick with this guitar for another good while as i can't really afford a new guitar or a big new amp.
I've just gotta stick with the one i've got in college (which is pretty decent 100w marshall) till i can get anywhere with my band and i'ld need an amp for gigs n all...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 24, 2008,
Given the kind of stuff you play the D-Sonic is a good bet, just don't expect it to make much difference unless you're running through an amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^i did quite like D Sonic's sound the most too...
But i didn't quite hear bout it as much i herd about Duncan JB model, 59, Distortion, EMG's and all... But then again i don't come across many people who play industrial either.

I'ld be plugging my guitar into an amp. Like its only during practicing at home n all that i don't bother with the amp. When i'ld be playing with my band or recording a song, i'ld be using an amp. Though i'ld also be using loads of effects too. But its good to know your guitar still sounds decent without all those effects too...