I was wondering if anyone knew of some simple, starter songs for the piano/keyboard. I'm trying to teach myself but it's difficult to find a good starting point, so far I've only really found "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails.

So yeah, does anyone know of some simple songs to start learning? Is there even like a piano equivalent of "Stairway to Heaven" or "Smoke on the Water" or some classic piano song most beginners learn?

Thanks.

PS If this is in the wrong thread then I apologise and I'll move.
A lot of stuff by Nine Inch Nails is really simple. Try, "Another Version of the Truth," or, "The Frail."
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
When we had to learn keyboard for music at college, alot of us played stuff like Easy by Lionel Richie (yes I know I have a bit of an obsession) and People Are Strange by The Doors. The second of the two is a bit more complex but it flows really easily once you have it down.

Oh, Karma Police is a good one to learn too! (Radiohead if you were wondering).
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Well, you can try some Deep Purple. Lord's organ power chord riffs are awesome.
Quote by jetfuel495

...holy **** the biggest ****ing golf cart ever just rolled past my backyard... i **** u not
The Sad Piano Song from Scrubs was the first thing I learn't on keyboard, also November Rain By Guns N Roses is quite easy for the most part.
Butterflies and hurricanes-Muse.
Apocalypse Please-Muse.
November Rain-Who d'you think Biotch.
learn Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs it kicks some serious bum.
it will still sound good on a piano if you are hammondless as i am
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
home sweet home-motley crue
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Clocks - Coldplay
I Will Posses Your Heart - Death Cab For Cutie
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG