Ive been growing my hair for the past 4 years a a half or so. Its not as along as it should be as Ive cut it a few times, but it is still long. So my problem is this: It seems that I am balding. My paternal grandpa was bald and my dad was pretty much bald at 18. I know that people say that this all comes from your mother's side, but it doesn't seem like the case for me.

So I've been using Rogaine for the past year and it hasnt been working. I take care of my hair and the reasons why I have cut my hair in the past was because my hair falls out alot more when its longer.

My parents have been pressuring me to cut my hair, saying it will slow down the process, but I think that if its going to happen it won't be a big difference. I like my hair long and I would hate to cut it, but if its nescessary, then I would do it.

Do you guys think it will slow down the process by a long time or it wont make a difference if I cut my hair?
Clean shave is the only way to go buddy.
¯|(°_o)/¯
I think it will slow it down, my uncle had very long hair and he went bald early.
You should do a Devin Townsend

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
no. he should do Satch. get yourself a nice pair of sunglasses.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
if you do go bald just shave it all, that looks the best
myspace.com/crystalignition
it happens, and even though having short hair wont make it bald less then long hair
(you only think that it falls out more when its long, because the hairs are longer, and because they are more intertwined hair can just stay there until you brush it out)

although you wont look as much as a burk if your hair is short
I always thought it comes from the father's side...both of my male cousins are basically almost bald at mid 20 just like their dad was
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I'm in the same boat brother

My hair's falling out uncontrollably, but I don't think it makes any difference if it's long or short, it's just less noticeable if it's long
satch, kerry king are two bald guitar heroes off the top of my head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhX4Izv59vA
look at kerry in that video and you can see the results of early balding
Bassist: BC Rich Warlock (Platinium)

I'm a lefty

Killing is so much easier than forgiving... So much more fun too
hey man bald is beautiful, i love being bald, women love it more too it seems, easier to care for, its cooler (temp wise). Dont let mother nature shave your head, beat that bitch to it.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by CTFOD
You should do a Devin Townsend

I think Dev was bald from an early age, too. He was certainly bald when he did Sex & Religion with Vai. Then he had the skullet, and now he's shaved it off

I'm 19, my hairs past my shoulders and it's been thinning for a while. I'm keeping it long, for as long as I can, personally.
Quote by thrashster
hey man bald is beautiful, i love being bald, women love it more too it seems, easier to care for, its cooler (temp wise). Dont let mother nature shave your head, beat that bitch to it.

Ha ha you're bald.

On topic, cutting your hair won't really help if you are going bald, enjoy long hair while you can.
You and lex luthor should start a club:

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hey man just try not to worry about it too much. I know that sounds tough. The prospect of loosing your hair you have had and loved all your life is emotionally crippling, enough to effect the toughest man, so it's no surprise that your gonna be worried. But in my experience constantly worrying about it and thinking about it all the time speeds up the loss. Try and keep it off your mind and enjoy your hair while you have it. I am also experiencing the early stages of mpb and it had me depressed for ages but now I have realized that loads of succesful people have no hair - hair doesn't make a person. Sure it sucks to lose it, especially so young but try and use it as a catalyst to improve on other qualities, physical and mental.

Alternatively you could try propecia but that costs a fair bit of money and I don't know how you'd feel with the possible sexual side effects.
women love short, stocky, bald men. just let it all out and allow your body to become something of its own.

Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Some people bald faster than others. My uncle became completely bald in college. My other uncle from the same side is just barely balding now. It's all random genetics. Nothing you can do about it besides except it and work with it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Your only choice is to sport the upside down hair, my friend.

Then maybe later in life have your beard transplanted onto your head.

It worked for Kerry.
^ I lol'd at the Goerge pic.

Well, I can't tell you that I know how it feels, but there's an upside to shaving your head; Become Kerry King in a Slayer tribute band. You don't even have to play an actual guitar solo, just do alot of pinch harmonics and whammy bar wankery.

P.S. I love Slayer, just a joke that had to be made now that someone's typed the words Kerry King.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
^ I lol'd.

Well, I can't tell you that I know how it feels, but there's an upside to shaving your head; Become Kerry King in a Slayer tribute band. You don't even have to play an actual guitar solo, just do alot of pinch harmonics and whammy bar wankery.

P.S. I love Slayer, just a joke that had to be made now that someone's typed the words Kerry King.

+1 except for the joke part.

Don't cut your hair.
Recommended threads
going bald
donender
Last post:
by Mistress_Ibanez
Balding?
duarte1223
Last post:
by AndrewSchaeffer