http://www.ibanez.com/news/

"The goal was to create a schizophrenic type distortion pedal that allows you to have two different settings with two different sounding distortion pedals, all wrapped up in a psycho-delic bullet proof package."

IT'S ****ING BULLETPROOF GUISE!
Quote by cmwang
its called keeley modded ds1

And an Ibanez Tube Screamer.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
Looks pretty cool.
I've been wondering about that one for a while now....They've been showing on their site for quite a while no, with no audio....So it's nice to finally have an audio sample of it. The tones don't sound too overly ground breaking...but the dual personalities in kind of a nice feature. I wish that more distortion pedals would follow that trend. There's quite a few with different tonal options, but not enough that allow you to switch between them, without stopping and fiddling with knobs & stuff.
That's definitely a nice feature to have.

Don
What the hell, seriously does vai have to keep overly hinting that hes an avid masturbator

Anyway the pedal looks cool but i wonder if he will use it live hmm me thinks probably not
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Quote by mightmuffin
What the hell, seriously does vai have to keep overly hinting that hes an avid masturbator

Anyway the pedal looks cool but i wonder if he will use it live hmm me thinks probably not

he's already been using it (and had been using it while it was still going though prototyping too)

can't be bothered to go dig it pics but they're somewhere on the vai.com forum
that video was awesome and i want his 7 string =((
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I just might buy one.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
He reminds me of Robert Sean Leonard from House M.D.

It looks pretty hip though.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by mightmuffin

Yes....yes he does need to keep hinting at it.

And he's used prototypes for the past like year or so.

Here's the vid of Ibanez's website: http://www.ibanez.com/videos/jemini.swf

It's pretty funny.

And am I the only one who finds it weird he has a signature amp he designed, but still uses a Distortion pedal in front of it? Wouldn't, if you were designing an amp, design it so that it has enough gain and your ideal sound so that you DON'T need anything in front?
Well he doesnt use the pedal for his regular overdrive tone.

He says he uses the tube screamer based one for boosts on the clean channel and the ds-1 side for a lead boost on the gain channel
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Yes....yes he does need to keep hinting at it.

And he's used prototypes for the past like year or so.

Here's the vid of Ibanez's website: http://www.ibanez.com/videos/jemini.swf

It's pretty funny.

And am I the only one who finds it weird he has a signature amp he designed, but still uses a Distortion pedal in front of it? Wouldn't, if you were designing an amp, design it so that it has enough gain and your ideal sound so that you DON'T need anything in front?

I know he uses the heavier side of it when he plays through his Fender amp (for cleans, which he blends with his OD tone), and the OD side to boost his lead/rhythm going into his sig amp.

As far as his sig amp goes, he also uses that side for cleans by rolling his volume down, so if it had that kind of gain naturally, it would be too much for clean tones.

As far as someone saying he isn't going to use this, Vai always uses the stuff he designs. He's already been using this pedal for over a year, there's a gear walkthrough he did a while ago when he was doing the Sound Theories tour where he says he uses it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by RG_FANMAN

...SHHHHHHHH...ancient Chinese shred secret of the trade...