I am currently looking for some pedals but I dunno what 1s I should get I have about $250 and so far I have Boss DD-7, Boss CE-7 Chorus Ensemble, Boss OD-3 Overdrive & Boss ML-2 Metalcore

what others pedals do you guys think I should get?
depends on what you play.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Boss DD-3/DD-6. A delay is always a nice addition to thicken up your lead tone.
delays and chorus are fun to play with. out of curiosity, what amp are you using?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I got the new DD-7 as a delay

I am currently using a line 6 spider 3 the 15 watt version for my amp

and I play allot of nu metal, heavy metal, death metal, alternative and a few rock songs but mostly metal
Last edited by cameronol at Aug 24, 2008,
i think you need a new amp.
yeah I probly do but it will do for now its pretty good I like it I'll look into buying a new 1 later on
okay, so to me, these things don't make sense:
a) you need lots effects for nu-metal
b) you need effects pedals to play through a 15W digital modelling amp with built in effects
c) all your current effects pedals are Boss
d) you have $250 that you want to spend on more pedals.

what?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
1. I don't just play nu-metal

2. the effects on the amp I hate they annoy the crap outta me and suck

3. all my current 1s are boss coz thats the easiest to get around here unless I go in the city which is gonna happen soon

4. yes I have $250 from my 1 off job that I filled in for some1 and my gutiar was the only thing i could think of spending it on
Quote by cameronol

3. all my current 1s are boss coz thats the easiest to get around here unless I go in the city which is gonna happen soon

4. yes I have $250 from my 1 off job that I filled in for some1 and my gutiar was the only thing i could think of spending it on

then buy a new amp. preferably a tube combo. or a good solid state.
I can not buy a amp better than what I have now for that price I have checked already thats why I wanna spend it on effects and my amp sounds good with the current setup for its size but when it starts sounding crappy i'm gonna buy a new 1 until then I just wanna buy effects pedals
save your money and buy a nice tube amp. you can get a nice bugera combo for not too much.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
any recommendations for a tube amp?

I'll have a look into the bugera combo
sell your old crappy amp save up for a half stack XD
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by cameronol
I can not buy a amp better than what I have now for that price I have checked already thats why I wanna spend it on effects and my amp sounds good with the current setup for its size but when it starts sounding crappy i'm gonna buy a new 1 until then I just wanna buy effects pedals

SEll all of your pedals and amp and add that money to your budget. Then buy a Line 6 Flextone ORRR get a nice amp and start a collection of individual pedals that are better than what you have.
Quote by theocao
sell your old crappy amp save up for a half stack XD

you really don't need a halfstack unless you gig in front of thousands of people. a tube combo would work better. TS, dont spend your money at once. save up for a tube amp. read this: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232
Quote by BeerChurch
MXR Phase 90, Electric Mistress Flanger and maybe a Whammy Pedal for some crazy squeals.

thanx I'll have a look into them

Quote by acdcrocks0323
SEll all of your pedals and amp and add that money to your budget. Then buy a Line 6 Flextone ORRR get a nice amp and start a collection of individual pedals that are better than what you have.

I like all the pedals i have now I'm not gonna sell them they are like new

that amp is way outta my money zone but thanx for the info

and I will sell my old amp when I get a new 1 no point doing it now while I'm not even close to the ammount its gonna cost to buy a new tube amp then i have nothing to practise with

Quote by leviticus_22953
you really don't need a halfstack unless you gig in front of thousands of people. a tube combo would work better. TS, dont spend your money at once. save up for a tube amp. read this: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232

thanx for the info i'll read it

the price difference on them is amazing I searched the stuff from the "£100-£200 ($177-$355; 147-294 Euro)" list and they cost about $500 or more here
Last edited by cameronol at Aug 25, 2008,
I'm gonna save up for the Marshall DSL401 I played it in the shop and it sounded awesome gonna be allot of saving up but it will be worth it in the end thanx for the help
Quote by cameronol
I'm gonna save up for the Marshall DSL401 I played it in the shop and it sounded awesome gonna be allot of saving up but it will be worth it in the end thanx for the help

FYI
Of all the tube Marshalls...this is the one stay away from. They run very hot causing all sorts problems.
Quote by cameronol

are you insane?

you aren't spending $250 on your guitar, you're wasting, and have wasted, a lot of money on effects that you already have. pedals are not going to sound any better than the effects on your Spider, simply because you are playing through a Spider.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
well guess what they do they sound way better than the effects on my spider

BeerChurch the Marshall JCM-2000 DSL 401 is the 1 that gets extremly hot I'm getting the combo which so far I have not seen any1 say gets extremly hot

and i believe they fixed the heating problem around 2004
saveup like 500 bucks and buy an amp. boss pedals wont do anything for you or whoever listens to your playing. really. same with the amp. it is a crappy amp. you said you dont like it so buy a new amp. sell your pedals for money. then buy some good pedals. dont settle for cheap, digital, bargain pedals. buy some pedals. and boss is pretty expensive for all you get. all they have that's not is the ds-1 and the sd. you know.

and marshalls get hot, yes, but the newer modeals dont. BTW AWESOME FUKCING CHOICE FOR AMP! DSL401
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by cameronol

BeerChurch the Marshall JCM-2000 DSL 401 is the 1 that gets extremly hot I'm getting the combo which so far I have not seen any1 say gets extremly hot

yes they fixed it. he just didnt hear yet. so look for one made after 03.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by cameronol

Well GOOD...I'm just old, slow and hard of hearing I guess. (I blame the monitor guy...one too 15khz squeals outta the monitor)

Isn't this still '02?

Spiders?

Where?

What?
Last edited by BeerChurch at Aug 27, 2008,
yeah they are expensive and I tried a few other out in the shop before i brought my pedals I like the way they sound personal taste I guess
Last edited by cameronol at Aug 27, 2008,
I read the instructions that I downloaded off the net for the amp and it says

ALWAYS unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.

does any1 that owns an amp unplug it or do they all leave it in all the time?
I know I do with the 1 I have now

will it do any damage or anything to the amp?
Last edited by cameronol at Sep 1, 2008,