Is there any fix for a glossy neck and sweaty hands? i didn't realize it last night when I got my guitar, but this morning my hands are only slightly damp and I can barely move across the neck.
i think you could get the neck sanded or refinished, if not it could be a matter of just getting used to it. I sometimes encounter similar problems with glossy-necked guitars - its times like these when i'm proud to own 3 squiers lol. But given that i'm not an especially fast player, i just live with it - so i'm not quite sure what else to suggest.

the gloss might wear down a little and stop being so sticky eventually, too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
With the glossy neck on my dean, all I did was run some steel wool over it just enough to make it not stick as bad. Now the neck feels amazing
you can use 0000 steel wool, lightly take off the finish.

or you can use baby power.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you can use 0000 steel wool, lightly take off the finish.

or you can use baby power.

Baby power? Man, I gotta get me some of that, it sounds awesome!
Just clean the back of the neck. It's the dirts that make it sticky.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

ah yes, baby powder. I used that on my pool stick (billiards) that was made of somewhat the same material once. Works wonders. Thanks.
Quote by hminh87
Just clean the back of the neck. It's the dirts that make it sticky.

This. I have a Gibson, and there's no stickier finish than the nitrocellulose finishes they use. When cleaned, it's as slick as a hot knife through butter. When not clean, it's as sticky as bubble gum in your hair. So yeah, clean it.