Hey guys
I really suck at writing lyrics, whenever I try nothing comes and i often lack inspiration and when i get it, it leaves just as quickly thus compromising my efforts to capture it and reproduce it on to paper =P

Anyway last night i was getting a tram home when somthing came to me and I wrote it down on my phone as a text message. It seems to me to be the only thing halfway decent that I've written in a long time so I need advice on whether its worth continuing or if you think its not good enough to persue any longer.
Anyway here goes:

Harness the energy that you feel,
When somthing you loved is no longer real,
lost in the world where used things rest,
where coping becomes the one true test,
Surrounded by the lost, the irretrievable
Hope abandoned and inconceivable.
-
Try to remember,
It won't die if you do
Try to remember,
and it will outlive you,
You're caught in nothing,
yet still believe its somthing
Oh...
-
Living or dead oh no one can tell
This place ain't heaven but still ain't hell
Kind of a limbo where the meaningless rests
Where lies and deception lay heavy on chests,
You know I'm helpless yet still try to help
I make you breathless yet still catch your breath..
Oh

Well thats kind of it for the moment I haven't put a structure in place yet but kind of have an idea about how it could sound in my head. ANY suggestions big or small will be hugely appreciated as would critiques etc

Thanks for your time
Andrew
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Please read the rules; this should be in the techniques forum.
*reported*
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Please read the rules; this should be in the techniques forum.
*reported*

Jeez doesnt seem all that different to any other posts man
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Thats awesome, dunno why you were so worried about your song writing skills, thats better than some of the things I write and i've always been quite confident about my writing skills. It's got a nice continuing theme to it aswell.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Jeez doesnt seem all that different to any other posts man

He obviously didn't read the whole post, it's the right forum, i'm sure.
Quote by aaciseric
He obviously didn't read the whole post, it's the right forum, i'm sure.

You obviously haven't read the rules, specifically those regarding thread titles and double posting.

*leaves so I'm not bumping a reported thread any more*
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by aaciseric
Thats awesome, dunno why you were so worried about your song writing skills, thats better than some of the things I write and i've always been quite confident about my writing skills. It's got a nice continuing theme to it aswell.

Hey man thanks that actually really boosts my confidence a whole lot, Im actually gonna finish that sonofabitch now and put it to music if i can. If you want I'll pm you when I manage to record it or somthing and you can give it listen as for the other guy he needs to loosen up a little, its a friggin thread and won't destroy UG by being here
Thanks man
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Last edited by I-Shot-Jr at Aug 24, 2008,
people are assholes and report everything wrong. in this forum you have to title your thread "name of song - genre" or something close to that. anything other than that is gunna get you reported... feel free to repost it tho, i like what you've got here

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
people are assholes and report everything wrong. in this forum you have to title your thread "name of song - genre" or something close to that. anything other than that is gunna get you reported... feel free to repost it tho, i like what you've got here

Thanks for your advice man! How do I delete this thread and repost then? =P
I usually surf the pit and reply rather than start my own threads =/
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.