im saving up for a modeling amp and i was looking at a line 6 duoverb for $350 at a local dealer but they also have the flextones, i was wondering if i should just get the duoverb or save up for the flextone, if anyone knows of other good modeling amps let me know
most people on this board will steer you away from line 6.
but what kind of genres/bands do you play? and how loud does it have to be (bedroom practice, gig, ect)

and check out roland cube and vox valvetronix
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Look up the Roland Cube series, much better value for money than the Line 6 modelling amps in my opinion.
The Flextones are brilliant amps. One of the best modelling amps there are, better than the Cube.

So maybe get one.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I've got a Flextone and it's brilliant.
Not all Line 6's suck, just the Spider IIIs
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
+ 1!

Don't get the Cube, it sounds far worse (in my opinion) than the Flextone. Save the money, buy the Flextone.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Flextone III is real gd value, like over 30 amp models, 3 types of delay, built in noisegate, several effects and echoes.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I am hearing lots of good things about the Peavey Vypyr I really want to hear it as im interested in selling the microcube and getting one.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Flextone III are really nice

If not go for a Roland Cube 30x

And next time please post amp q's in the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" Forum
Quote by Branflakes
Flextone III are really nice

If not go for a Roland Cube 30x

And next time please post amp q's in the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" Forum

sorry i forgot what category i was in when i posted

im looking for a sound like clapton's, preferably in the cream/blind faith days
so it sounds like i should save up for the flextone 3 or get the vox but does anyone know anything about the duoverb
Most spider amps suck, the only ones that are good are the flextones, go for those, they are actually pretty good.

If you dont wanna pay that much, im about to buy a roland cube 60w, great small amps, loud as hell
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
well the only reason im asking about the duoverb so much is because im only around 40 bucks short of affording it

since their both pretty similar i was wondering how much more would i get out of the flextone than the duoverb
Quote by von gelb
+ 1!

Don't get the Cube, it sounds far worse (in my opinion) than the Flextone. Save the money, buy the Flextone.

thats because

cube = 395 for a 65w

flextone = about 800

the flextone should sound better
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
the duos a 100 wat but around the same as the cube so i guess that would be better volume wise
Do you want volume, or great sound? The Flextone is loud enough for practice and small gigs, I don't get it past 12 'o clock (halfway) during rehearsals and everything is fine. The Duoverb has less options, that's about all the difference you will really notice.

Steve Howe
if you want a line 6 save up a bit more and get a vetta II
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Pintara_jackson
if you want a line 6 save up a bit more and get a vetta II

Indeed, even beter than a Flextone.

Steve Howe
Quote by von gelb
Do you want volume, or great sound? The Flextone is loud enough for practice and small gigs, I don't get it past 12 'o clock (halfway) during rehearsals and everything is fine. The Duoverb has less options, that's about all the difference you will really notice.

given the circumstance of the prices would you say its worth it to save up
Is the Flextone almost 800 dollars?

The real difference is that the Flextone has 16 amp simulators more than the Duoverb, but the Duoverb can use two at once (hence the Duo in the name) so it will sound like your playing two different amps (or like two guitarplayers).

Check out the sounds of the Duoverb and if they are all to your liking, you can still buy this. The Flextone has more modern sounding amp models, the Duoverb only classics.

Steve Howe