Hi.

I am playing a ibanex rx20. This guitar has been through the wringer but I have tried to some success to get it playable again. The main problem I am having is the G string staying in tune. All the other strings seem to stay in tune fine but the g-string doesn't seem to. No matter how I fine tune it. And when plucked the sound stands out over the other string even when it's in tune for the short while. To be honest it actually sounds like its going +/- from g when vibrating.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!
(sorry to disappoint those who expected something else......pervert!)
Hashishian Marijuanaut.
That string always causes problems. How old are your strings? Maybe change them.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
That always tends to happen with G strings, especially if you have heavy guage strings, because they're the thickest of the non-wound strings.

You can do 4 things to remedy this:
1. Get better tuners for your guitar
2. Use a lighter guage
3. Get strings that have a wound G string (D'Addario do these)
OR
4. Get used to it :P
I would suggest getting a new g string.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Every guitar I have ever owned including a gibson SG has problems with the G staying in tune you just change your strings and play for a few days and it stops happening
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
thanks for the replies guys

the strings are not THAT old. I think I bought them in Februsary or march.
Anyway they are heavy guage (d'addario jazz/blues)

I had no idea this problem was common. I like the idea of a wound g string thoyugh i try and find that.

thanks again guys.
Hashishian Marijuanaut.
Quote by skaliwag66
thanks for the replies guys

the strings are not THAT old. I think I bought them in Februsary or march.
Anyway they are heavy guage (d'addario jazz/blues)

I had no idea this problem was common. I like the idea of a wound g string thoyugh i try and find that.

thanks again guys.

You put them on in MARCH?! Dude, that's oolldd.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
My g string tends to go low as I'm playing it. So usually I tune it, then bend the **** out of it, like trying to bend as high as I can, see if it goes low, if it does, tune it back to pitch. Repeat as necessary until it stays. Sounds dumb but it works for me.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Quote by Lil Macker
You put them on in MARCH?! Dude, that's oolldd.

are you serious?

I'll try the bending see if that works. this is just a beater guitar so i don't wanna spend anymore money than i already did on it. ($20)
Hashishian Marijuanaut.
Quote by skaliwag66
are you serious?

I'll try the bending see if that works. this is just a beater guitar so i don't wanna spend anymore money than i already did on it. ($20)

5 months is actually pretty old. I like to change my strings once a month. Keeps a fairly consistent tone.
Quote by madshatter
smack her and tell her to take it off or gtfo.

I tried. Cut my hand pretty bad on the bridge.

Well, playing guitar on and off for ten years (still play like a beginner) and no one ever mentioned how often to change strings. Thanks for the info!
I hope it's not the same deal for bass guitar.
Hashishian Marijuanaut.
Quote by aznmetalhead93
5 months is actually pretty old. I like to change my strings once a month. Keeps a fairly consistent tone.

Id like to change mine once a month, but the closest gc is an hour and a half drive away, I dont want to have to pay 20 bucks for a pack of old strings locally. I only get to change mine about once every 4 or 5 months because usually I get my dad to help me because he does a better job at it.

6 months is old for strings.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Off topic...

"Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it."

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hashishian Marijuanaut.