Hi,

Ok I have a PEAVEY VALVEKING 112, a PODxt Live and a Schecter C1 w/ EMG 81/85.

Now my guitar lead was broke and I couldnt gt it working properly so I went out today and bought some new ones.

I fitted them all in and tried to play it but for some reason it sounds more clean that crunchy now.

I've checked all the connections where in fine, and im using tones I usually use on the Pod but they all sound very clean jazz like and not a big ammount of gain in it.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

What connections should I make sure are in where on the PodXt etc.. cause right now ive gt the Amp going into the OUTPUT L/MONO of the pod, and the guitar i the INPUT part.

I tried putting a new 9V battery into the EMG's to see if it was that but nothing.

Im starting to fear that one of the wires in the EMG bit has came loose or something but if that was the case it wouldnt work all together right?

Please somone help me sort this.

Thanks,

Rowan
Maybe your tubes are going. If it sounds too clean then turn up the gain.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The settings on my amp are all using the clean channel.. and I get my gain from the PodXT

Thats why im wondering, could it be a connection ive put wrong in the PodXT or even some settings on it etc?

Ill test just the GAIN straight to the guitar from amp to see just now....
...... amp and guitar got a clean tone but it was pretty quiet, i had to turn it way up.. and when i done channel select i got a little gain but not the proper metal gain :S
Did you check the battery on the pod?
How do I check battery on the pod?

Also its a PodXt LIVE if that helps.
I dunno, what do you do when the battery dies or does it have a power supply?
Yeh my PodXT just runs off of a AC power adapter which is fine cz its powering...

Im gonna make a new topic little clearer lol..

TOPIC CLOSED!!
Sounds like your hooked up right. Sure you didn't move any POD settings? Might wanna recheck the system mode. Didn't move a tone control on the guitar by ant chance? Don't think the change of cables would be the problem.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD