im considering purchasing this guitar on the grounds of fixing it. this will be my first attempt on fixing a headstock and considering its a Jackson soloist im reluctant to buy to and just to **** it up again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar-Blue-w-Case-FIX_W0QQitemZ230283183175QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230283183175&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Ive read up on Broken/snapped headstocks and i read that you have to completly break it off. (due to the fact that the crack will just spread even if fixed).

After snaping it remove everything (tuners etc.) and clean it. Then apply tight-bond wood blue, remove excess, then clamp it.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
I would get it, and take it to a store to get it fixed. Things like cracked headstocks are asspain to fix.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
you wont be able to fix it by yourself. take it to a luthier or to a very good guitar guy on a store, not all the dudes on stores know to do things well and end up f*cking all up
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
That an awesome deal if you can pick it up for like 500 bucks. Just take it to a pro to get it fixed.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
If the crack continues to the screw holes for the locking nut, that might cause all types of trouble.
Wow dude...that's it? I expected it to have the actual headstock snapped off...but that's a relatively small crack dude, get it and fix it and you'll have an amazing guitar.
that crack is pretty serious, but a pro will charge u $50 to put in a few drops of titebond. get it, put some wood glue in the crack, and if that doesnt work, THEN take it to a pro.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
You shouldn't have shown us that, everyone will want to buy it now :P
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R

thats for sure. just spread the crack and glue it and clamp it good.
Quote by crackereast
thats for sure. just spread the crack and glue it and clamp it good.

Except if he doesn't do it fantasticly, it'll just keep spreading. Take it to a shop. Know what you can, and cannot, do at home.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by WH15P3R

W/E i dont care if you try and bid on it because ill win in the auction anyways. My JSX came down to 2 seconds and i won. My comp is to fast for you (and so are my fingers) =P
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
fixable. also, I want that, but i'm poor as hell.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
imma buy it. thanks. idont care imma go high. real high.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
just kidding. buy that ****! itll be less than 100 to fix i bet
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
well i won it ha.. and it was a pretty bad crack it was spread to under the nut and back the neck to fretboard attach about 2 inches. but its fully fixed and is AWESOME structurally.

it was a pretty advanced break i dont think anyone without experience could have done it very well.

Its a phenominal playing and sounding guitar, I'm gonna sell it for 550 if anyone is interested.

I can take pics and put up sound samples, its rock solid now!
bump,

Im'a throw it on eBay if no one that was previously interested is still.

I just didn't want to see someone buy it and not be able to fix it right. Anyone who would have tried to just put glue in the crack would have messed it up, bad.
its cracked there and they have it strung up? doesnt strike me as particularly intelligent
I am me. Live with it.
you had to know way it was cracked to know that it wasn't detrimental to be strung up MINUS the high E.

It's stable as a rock now.

I'm not sure how much umm, usps.com ups.com shipping from zip code 17740 =] I'm too tired to check right now hehe
ts you got owned

and nice repair dude
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.