Alright yesterday I was really really sick with a sinus infection, I was nauseous and could barely sit up. Last night I had a fever of 101. Today I feel almost 100 percent. I have a slight cough/asthma and some nose congestion. I'm going away to the beach tomorow so today would be my last chance to go mountain biking for the summer vacation. The doctor said that I would be able to go swimming by tommorow, so do you think it's a bad idea to go mountain biking today or would I make myself more sick?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Don't do it, rest up. It'll be way more fun when you're on top form.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I downhill bike, if youre feeling evenly slightly off your A-game, its a no.

Why?

Cause tree's hurt.
Quote by Preid
I downhill bike, if youre feeling evenly slightly off your A-game, its a no.

Why?

Cause tree's hurt.

Well it's not downhill. I'm a beginner mountain biker so it's a beginner trail.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
I thought the same thing as you, I was sick for a couple weeks, and my doctor told me I could finally go back to work.

But I went back the day I got clearance, and when I got home I felt horrible again.
Trust me, it's always better to rest until you're sure you're better and it helps make sure you don't get sick again as well.
Quote by tehwoopah
go or u will regret it

go and you will regret it.

as said, its more fun if you can breath right etc.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by StrokeMidnight
Alright yesterday I was really really sick with a sinus infection, I was nauseous and could barely sit up. Last night I had a fever of 101. Today I feel almost 100 percent. I have a slight cough/asthma and some nose congestion. I'm going away to the beach tomorow so today would be my last chance to go mountain biking for the summer vacation. The doctor said that I would be able to go swimming by tommorow, so do you think it's a bad idea to go mountain biking today or would I make myself more sick?

Fellow norwegian.

Well it depends, if you're in the right mood, But personally, I would rest. It's way more fun when you're all healthy
Maybe go for a jog and see how you feel after that.

It would tell you whether you're fit for biking.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Eccer
Fellow norwegian.

Well it depends, if you're in the right mood, But personally, I would rest. It's way more fun when you're all healthy

I'm actually not Norwegian, just a big fan of Norway
Quote by StrokeMidnight

If it's xc, skip it. If it's freeride/dj, do it.
Quote by StrokeMidnight

Pff whats the point of even getting on the bike then? I was riding beginner trails when I still had stabilisers on mah bike.

Theres nothing like blasting down a Black rated route, heart racing, mind focused as the scenery rushes past, that weightless feeling as you get some sweet air. When you get to the bottom its like the ultimate high.
I guess I'll skip it for today. Oh well I guess I'll just have to go in the fall again.
Quote by Preid
Pff whats the point of even getting on the bike then? I was riding beginner trails when I still had stabilisers on mah bike.

Theres nothing like blasting down a Black rated route, heart racing, mind focused as the scenery rushes past, that weightless feeling as you get some sweet air. When you get to the bottom its like the ultimate high.

Well it's considered a beginner trail but it has like huge rocks the whole way and you have to carve in between trees and you actually go pretty fast. I can't wait until I'm good enough to do downhill.
Quote by Preid

True that. except for the ocassional mistakes. I broke my collarbone DH'n this summer, now i have this fancy metal plate holding the four pieces of bone together. Shame too, because my team is doing a ride down Pike's Peak today. Moral of the story though, dont go if you dont feel good / havent been cleared by the doc.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Swift_Death
True that. except for the ocassional mistakes. I broke my collarbone DH'n this summer, now i have this fancy metal plate holding the four pieces of bone together. Shame too, because my team is doing a ride down Pike's Peak today. Moral of the story though, dont go if you dont feel good / havent been cleared by the doc.

There's DH on pikes peak?

I'm definitely putting that on my list of must ride places.
Theres a trail that you can just blast until about half way down, then the hikers get too thick. But the first part is supposedly pretty sweet. I'll find out in about 6 weeks of so.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Swift_Death

No wai I broke my collar bone too! I didnt get a plate and now that its healed its no longer symetrical with its otherside Its nothing major like, cool storey to tell. Bike was fine haha. Yeah you gotta be on top form, no drinking the night before. One stupid mistake can cost alot of skin.

Quote by StrokeMidnight
Well it's considered a beginner trail but it has like huge rocks the whole way and you have to carve in between trees and you actually go pretty fast. I can't wait until I'm good enough to do downhill.

Sounds... pish tbh. Usually the best downhill routes have amazing scenery but you're so focused on whats infront you dont actually get to see it . Downhilling is more about how well you know your bike and how good your reaction time is.

I was over on the west coast going down this open route, total ET style jumps. I came round this corner blazin' it propa and there were a pack of dog walkers on the route!!! I deployed the anchors asap and I just stopped in time. I got told I was an idiot and that I should of been aware that its a path open to everyone. I told them its a ****ing downhill route, why the **** do you think its covered in jumps, narror as **** sections and bendy turns? I mean it was painfully obvious is was purley designed for downhill bikes and hardcore wheel chair users. Theres even a wooden timing station at the top for events!!!

I was late for the pub so I had to just palm to face them and head on. I gave them the 'your number 1' finger salute as I got back to terminal velocity.

Cow hill it was called, great run.
I wouldn't do it. If you're ill, and you're just starting out on mountain bike you probably aren't trained enough to endure that much, so I'd wait it out and maybe to some in the winter on a nice day. Or in spring.
Yeah I waited. Except now I'm sick and stuck in a hotel with nothing to do since I can't go in the water at the beach because of my ear infection. I can barely listen to music because I can't hear in my right ear.