Ok.

I've got to do some research for my product design coursework, and I need to find out how hot a bulb gets in order to select which plastic I can use that won't melt.

I need to know the temperature of a halogen bulb that has been running for around half an hour or it's maximum temperature.

Anybody know where I can find this information other than testing it myself?
Google!

...?

If you've have tried it, sorry.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
is that the feels like tempurature, or the actual?

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

uhm its approximately 100.256 degrees..... Kelvin....
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
I saw the thread title and was hoping we'd have to judge a girls hotness. I'm disappointed.
Quote by algemar
uhm its approximately 100.256 degrees..... Kelvin....

That would make it about -173 degrees Celsius, if you're gonna try to bullsh!t him, at least do it in a convincing manner.
Quote by tyronelab
Can't u just use a plastic that you know has a high softening point?

no.
I need to show that I've taken temperature into account and chosen the right plastic
Do you even know what the term research project means? Let me emphasize that for you...research project.

Start cracking

Anyhow. It gets up to about 60-80 degrees Celsius. But that's the max - I mean I don't know how much it goes when it's been working 30 minutes only.

One thing's clear - you can't boil water with a light bulb
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Just use PVC. It has a melting point of like, 80oC.. which i guess is more than a bulb