Hey, our band just recorded our first song with vocals and I was wondering what you guys thought of it.

We used Sonar 6 Producers Edition as our DAW. The drums were done through Superior Drummer 2.0. The guitars are recorded directly into to a Line 6 Toneport UX2 using an ENGL cabinet impulse.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=865165

Please give any feedback you can.
Sounds Good, What do you mean you used a ENGL cabinet impulse? I have a UX2 also and cant seem to get a good recording sound with distortion.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
liked the song a lot...nice work. kinda wish i could play drums and lived in london, ontario,canada...lol
How bout' no you crazy Dutch Bastard!

You live in the middle of nowhere? THEN BLOW **** UP!

Pretty Heavy and thick??...Sounds like a wasp fucking an Exhaust pipe...Its Rubbish!
Quote by Maggot3000
Sounds Good, What do you mean you used a ENGL cabinet impulse? I have a UX2 also and cant seem to get a good recording sound with distortion.

I don't know the technical way to explain what an Impulse is, but people make an impulse by micing real live cabinets. Then they take the .wav file from that recording and you use that wav file by loading it into a VST plugin. Your audio then streams through that plguin emulating the sound of a true cabinet.

If you're using Gearbox you need to disable the cabinet it uses so you dont go through 2 cabinets.

Thanks for the comments though guys. Just wondering if we are going in the right direction =)