I've been out of the Ibanez market since the late 80's and played a Ibanez RG2550 Prestige at the store the other day. Man, it seems like the whammy bar (Edge Zero bridge) is a lot stiffer then the old Floyd Rose's I remember...I hated the feel of it. Question is, are all the Ibanez models like this now or do they have some models that are easier to use the whammy with?
With my previous experience with the ZR, you have to "break it in."

It'll take a bit, but eventually it loosens up.
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
Quote by IWank7Sevens
With my previous experience with the ZR, you have to "break it in."

It'll take a bit, but eventually it loosens up.

He's talking about the Edge Zero, not the ZR.

Don't know man, I haven't tried that new Edge yet. But I'm sure someone in the forums will be able to help.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Stiff trem action or stiff whammy bar, as in the actual arm?

If it's the former, the stiffness of a fulcrum trem depends mostly on the gauge (and thus tension) of the strings - seeing how the leverage points on most tremolos are pretty much the same... If you felt a huge difference between EZ and the OFR, then the Ibanez likely had a heavier string gauge than what you're used to. With 9-42s, I couldn't say that it feels different from the original Edge.

If it's the unlikely latter, then it has the arm tension adjustment device.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
It's because of the trem-setter. The ZR's have them along with the Zeros. It adds some extra springs to resist when pushing down the bar but not pulling up. Take it out and it should have a feel similar to an OFR.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by thedonutman
Rather ironic isn't it, since it's called the "Zero Resistance" trem.

Yeah, except it's an Edge Zero, not a ZR.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
You gotta deflower the trem.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)