Poll: Whos Right?
Poll Options
View poll results: Whos Right?
Tom(My friend who still want to do it)
19 49%
Chris(Me)
20 51%
Voters: 39.
ok so i put together a charity gig for this coming saturday earlier in the month but i didnt know our guitarist and drummer were gonna be away. So that was no problem i got a drummer but ive been looking for a guitarist and i dont have one and i didnt call make a wish because i know this guy Marty Lyons(for all non jets fans he was one of the best defensive players ever) that runs a charity that does the same thing. so i told him to just give it up because we have less than a week and we havent rehearsed once we dont have a guitarist and the drummer dosnt know the songs. I told were not doing it and now he wont talk to me. Whos right me or him?
You dropped out of something you agreed to do. And then it seems like you told somebody running a charity to give up...?
Quote by Guitarlord44
I'm being an Asshole.

Fix'd.

whatthefedit: As I reread your post, I notice there's only one coherent sentence, and it's not very legible.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
I think your friend is right, you can still do it if you practice hard. I mean he's not handling it right, but I think you can still play.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by wtf290
You dropped out of something you agreed to do. And then it seems like you told somebody running a charity to give up...?

Fix'd.

no my friend isnt doing for the charity hes doing it so cuz he thinks he will be cool if he plays at a BLOCK PARTY. i never even called thje charity place AND IM RUNNING IT incase you didnt get that. this whole thing was my idea and he agreed to so he'll gain popularity which he wont so either way hes being an asshole. i never said im cancelling tottally i told him well push it back when the whole band is around
Quote by StreetLight3989
I think your friend is right, you can still do it if you practice hard. I mean he's not handling it right, but I think you can still play.

he wont let me practice with him the minute anybody startys playing he kleaves the room
Quote by Guitarlord44
no my friend isnt doing for the charity hes doing it so cuz he thinks he will be cool if he plays at a BLOCK PARTY. i never even called thje charity place AND IM RUNNING IT incase you didnt get that. this whole thing was my idea and he agreed to so he'll gain popularity which he wont so either way hes being an asshole. i never said im cancelling tottally i told him well push it back when the whole band is around

Oh, I said he was right, but now that I see it, you're probably right.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Alright, I need to figure this out.
Quote by Guitarlord44
ok so i put together a charity gig for this coming saturday earlier in the month but i didnt know our guitarist and drummer were gonna be away.
The only sentence that actually makes sense. Go on.
So that was no problem i got a drummer but ive been looking for a guitarist and i dont have one
OK, lack of band members. Understandable.
and i didnt call make a wish because i know this guy Marty Lyons(for all non jets fans he was one of the best defensive players ever) that runs a charity that does the same thing.
What the fuck does Make A Wish have to do with anything? Is Marty Lyons running the charity you were supposed to play at?
so i told him to just give it up
Who?
because we have less than a week and we havent rehearsed once we dont have a guitarist and the drummer dosnt know the songs.
You should have made sure that everyone would be available before you agreed to play.
I told were not doing it and now he wont talk to me. Whos right me or him?

...who?
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
You guys are both wrong. He's being an ass about it, but you committed to something and are backing out.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
So let me get this straight...

You organized a "block party" for charity that your band is going to play for. However, you are unable to have your whole band together for said situation and told your friend that you were going to have to push the date for the "block party" back, and he got mad at you because he really wanted to play it?
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by Guitarlord44
he wont let me practice with him the minute anybody startys playing he kleaves the room

Sounds to me like hes just being a stuck up asshole, try finding another drummer?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by wtf290
Alright, I need to figure this out.
The only sentence that actually makes sense. Go on.
OK, lack of band members. Understandable.
What the fuck does Make A Wish have to do with anything? Is Marty Lyons running the charity you were supposed to play at?
Who?
You should have made sure that everyone would be available before you agreed to play.

...who?

ok th charity was gonna be for Make a wish but i know Marty Lyons who runs a charity like make a wish but i didnt ask him yet. the person i told to forget about it was my friend Tom who is the one who wont talk to me
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
So let me get this straight...

You organized a "block party" for charity that your band is going to play for. However, you are unable to have your whole band together for said situation and told your friend that you were going to have to push the date for the "block party" back, and he got mad at you because he really wanted to play it?

yeah and i didnt organize the block party. the block party was going on for a while and we asked the coordinator of the block party if we could hold a concert there
Quote by Guitarlord44

Yeah, I got the part that you're running it. Thing is, putting the Make a Wish Foundation or Marty Lyons in there makes absolutely no sense, so I just assumed you were contradicting yourself. And yeah, I'd assume you wouldn't have to call the people running things, If you were running things.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Quote by We'realltoBlame
You guys are both wrong. He's being an ass about it, but you committed to something and are backing out.

im not im pushing it back but hes being an asshole about it. he says nobody will be there. But he dosnt realize that we can make flyers and stuff. im not backing out
Quote by wtf290
Yeah, I got the part that you're running it. Thing is, putting the Make a Wish Foundation or Marty Lyons in there makes absolutely no sense, so I just assumed you were contradicting yourself. And yeah, I'd assume you wouldn't have to call the people running things, If you were running things.

well without them who do i donate the money to? thats where they fall into it. to make thing clear the Marty Lyons foundation is now the charity make a cwish has nothing to do with it anymore
Quote by Guitarlord44
ok th charity was gonna be for Make a wish but i know Marty Lyons who runs a charity like make a wish but i didnt ask him yet. the person i told to forget about it was my friend Tom who is the one who wont talk to me

What were you going to ask him? And dammit, you said you were running things. Now it's a block party you asked to play at. Hey, wait, I can sense you preparing to press the "Quote" button! Well, my friend, before you hit submit, I want to see three signature to ensure what you say has been proofread, because this is a lot harder than it needs to be to understand.
whatthefedit: Dude, that took way too fucking long to make sense. Let me see if everything is right here:
You and your band were scheduled to play for a block party. The money would go to charity, at first the Make a Wish Foundation, but now Marty Lyons' group (unnescecary information that only made things confusing, by the way.)
Your guitarist and drummer couldn't make it. This gives your friend Tom the right to be mad, because they made a commitment and didn't follow through, but he shouldn't be mad at you.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Last edited by wtf290 at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by wtf290
What were you going to ask him? And dammit, you said you were running things. Now it's a block party you asked to play at. Hey, wait, I can sense you preparing to press the "Quote" button! Well, my friend, before you hit submit, I want to see three signature to ensure what you say has been proofread, because this is a lot harder than it needs to be to understand.

ok im running the gig but all the money will go to the marty lyons foundation. im asking Marty Lyons who runs the charity if i can donate money to hiis charity
Maybe he just feels let down. I wouldn't call him an asshole for not talking to you. He's probably just angry and is directing all his frustrations at you because you're an easy target.
You can't organise anything. To organise something you need to have an idea of what you're doing.

You're now telling me that with a week left it hasn't been advertised at all? Wow. I'm siding with the other guy now.
TS. The main problem here is that you don't know how to:
1) capitalize properly
2) punctuate properly
3) pass on a thought with words
4) talk with people

The first three, I will excuse for "teh Internet lulzorz!!11!!elvenoneone1"
But you being a project organizer, you should be more than able to talk to people and solve problems, no matter what.

Advice: Stop asking the Pit who's right, go and solve the problem!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by confusius
Maybe he just feels let down. I wouldn't call him an asshole for not talking to you. He's probably just angry and is directing all his frustrations at you because you're an easy target.

he dosnt. he thinks he will get "Popular" from playing this gig. Hes mad because now he wont get "Popular'
Quote by tyronelab
You can't organise anything. To organise something you need to have an idea of what you're doing.

You're now telling me that with a week left it hasn't been advertised at all? Wow. I'm siding with the other guy now.

yes its been advertized im sorry i didnt explain things right theres ALOT of people at my house talking to me all at once. Ah you know what im just gonna push it back i dont care what Tom says
Well, tell him what you think about being popular. Explain to him that if you're good, you'll get popular in the end, this was just a short cut and more are bound to come up.
Quote by confusius
Well, tell him what you think about being popular. Explain to him that if you're good, you'll get popular in the end, this was just a short cut and more are bound to come up.

Thank you. your the only one who understands. Thank You Again.
Quote by confusius
Well.....

I don't understand it too well, but generally things are fixed by talking.

well you got the jist of it. it was short notice and things came up so ill push it back and tell him if he's gonna be a Selfish dick to not show up
Quote by Guitarlord44
well you got the jist of it. it was short notice and things came up so ill push it back and tell him if he's gonna be a Selfish dick to not show up

Or you could be nice to him. Don't be a prat yourself. Be polite and professional.
The more time you spend here calling the whambulance the less time you have to fix this. A week is alot of time and if you feel that time is short then the last thing you should be doing is whining on a guitar forum about how your friend is an asshole.

And learn to write properly ffs.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
I keep trying to think about how I could help you with your problem, but every post of yours I read just makes me realize more and more how half of my class is going to utterly fail English 11 this year.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?