Im going on a two week holiday with 4 other lads. We plan on stopping in Prague, Budapest, Krakow and Bratislava...... has anyone any idea what the prices are like for food and beer. We are students on a budget so we arent looking for upmarket establishments, just drunken nights and full bellies
I think it's funny that the threadtitle is "for that of you that travel" and not something like "for you that live in these eastern european countries".

Do you need to know exact prices? Or that it's cheap? It is, btw.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
yeah its very very cheap the only one i dondt know about is prague but its pretty ghetto there so they shouldnt cost much.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
I've been to Budapest and food is cheep their were some really cheep burger places but some looked dodgy but supermarkets are everywhere and are really cheep as for beer local beers are cheep and imports are usual price

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

^^its labelled for those of you that travel so i can get the opinions of those that have travelled there, and ideally those who would have had the same needs and wants as us. Although locals are welcome too.

I have heard that the average price of a pint in Poland is between 30 and 80 cent(euro) is that true? what about the other cities??
Quote by Kensai
I think it's funny that the threadtitle is "for that of you that travel" and not something like "for you that live in these eastern european countries".

Do you need to know exact prices? Or that it's cheap? It is, btw.

Everything's cheap compared to Sweden/the rest of Scandanavia. Isn't it about £8 for a pint or something daft?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Dude if you're in Prague then you must visit "The Shadow" it's a kinda chillout café kinda thing

But food is ****y in Prague
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
yeah its very very cheap the only one i dondt know about is prague but its pretty ghetto there so they shouldnt cost much.

Depends on where you go there. But in general, I'd say that for a city that is covered in gold it's a really cheap place.

10 euros could feed all of you for the day. Or at least half of the day Depends on where you go

EDIT: Me and my pal went to this one restaurant in Prague and when the time came to pay, the (hot) waitress ignored us for quite some time and we actually had to call her to the table to pay. So if you guys want to be pintchers, then you can probably sneak away(more like running away screaming - they wouldn't see/hear you anyway ) without paying. We didn't, though.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Last edited by BloodMoon666 at Aug 24, 2008,
I've been to all of those city minus Bratislava and they are pretty damn cheap compared to the UK. Beer, especially the local brands (the best stuff) is really cheap, but of course it depends what kinda bars you visit. It is also a hell of a lot cheaper to eat out - often cheaper than buying food from the supermarkets.

They are great cities by the way. Have fun!
Thats retty cool, we were worried that prague wasnt gonna be as cheap as we hoped.....

Can anyone confirm what i have heard about poland?
It depends. The touristy areas of Prague are more expensive and out of them all it is probably pricier than the rest, but it'll be cheaper than what you are used to paying for at home.

Krakow is cheap. Same with Budapest. Great cities too.
Excellent, im looking forward to going now... With the travel paid for would 600 euro be enough for the two weeks. Well be staying in hostels.....?
Yeah, that should be enough. When I was backpacking I was spending about 10 or less euros a day on food. 8-15 euros on hostels and the rest on drinks or other things.

Some money saving hints:

-Use hostelbookers.com to find the cheapest places
-Go for the ones with free breakfast as they save you a whole meal from your funds
-Walk instead of using the trams/buses/taxi's/metro all the time...you also get to see the city too.
-Make use of hostels with kitchens and cook your own grub.
-Eat out and drink in the places away from the main attractions.