Budget of 1k max. I'd prefer an active pup guitar stock. I like big beefy huge low end tones that are slightly scooped.

Right now im leaning towards a C-7 Hellraiser or the C-7 ATX but i cant decide b/w the stock EMG 707 and SD Blackout pups.

any and all help is appreciated
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I played on blackouts before at a local shop that stuck them in a jackson and i thought they sucked, but then again, i really dont like active pickups anymore. I used to swear by them, but seriously dude. Dimarzio Blaze are the way to go, trust me, i used to play nothing but 7 strings. If you want an honest, EXPIRENCED opinion on this, go with the ibanez rg1527 and stick blaze's in it. And itll tear ass. This may sound rediculous, considering my guitar collection, but Ibanez by far, makes the best/ most playing guitars, period. I just happen to like dramatic in appearance axes.
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Id go with the ATX, because the Blackout are alot more extended on both ranges. So for a 7 string pickup, it's going to be really amazing.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
hehehe i've used DiMarzio for a while now. if you check the sig i use them in my 2 main axes and wouldnt trade them for anything else. I guess i'm lookin for a change when i dont really need. if it aint broke dont fix it, eh? Thanks! i'll check out that RG man, and those pups as well

damn i forgot im lookin for a fixed bridge guitar, or one with a ZR bridge.

how's the Ibanez S7320 and/or Xiphos 7?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
schecter omen-7. look it up on guitar centers website. (and yes i am trying to make you hopelessly indecisive)
I agre with Dark Raven, with the collection of 7 strings I own Blackouts are fantastic.I would have to seriously consider using a 7 string with out them.
The new 08 hellraiser model has coil tapping too. I would go for the Hellraiser, personally. The ATX has an ebony fretboard instead of rosewood, though. I doubt that would make TOO much of a difference. I'd still go with the hellraiser.

EDIT: The omen 7 has bolt on neck w/schecter stock pickups. I wouldn't even consider buying the omen over a hellraiser or ATX
Quote by smartguyreviews
schecter omen-7. look it up on guitar centers website. (and yes i am trying to make you hopelessly indecisive)

fret scale not big enough for what im lookin for

26.5"+
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Check out the usual suspects of the S7320, Xiphos 7, RG1527 and the Schecter Hellraiser C-7. Also, look for the 7 string legion thread, they'll give you tons of help on 7 string guitars too.

Also, there is a 7 string forum sitting about, they'll be clued up on great 7 string models to choose from.

P.S. Be cool and get the Schecter Loomis!
Quote by kayman121
hehehe i've used DiMarzio for a while now. if you check the sig i use them in my 2 main axes and wouldnt trade them for anything else. I guess i'm lookin for a change when i dont really need. if it aint broke dont fix it, eh? Thanks! i'll check out that RG man, and those pups as well

damn i forgot im lookin for a fixed bridge guitar, or one with a ZR bridge.

how's the Ibanez S7320 and/or Xiphos 7?

ZR bridge is garbage, take my word for it, it's made of bad parts and it'll just give you trouble.

A hardtail 7-string for $1000 though, you can get a damn good guitar. I'd suggest a Shecter Loomis-7 hardtail, Ibanez Xiphos, You may even be able to look into Carvin.
Dickless.
how would you compare the loomis to the atx w/ SD blackouts
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by MetalMilitia212
ZR bridge is garbage, take my word for it, it's made of bad parts and it'll just give you trouble.

You just contradicted everyone else's opinion on this website about the ZR trem.
If you're going to get a loomis you might as well get the hellraiser cuz if you get the loomis you're paying more for a maple neck and ash body and his name on it. Not to mention i think its ugly but that's just my opinion.
Last edited by HighPotency at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by HighPotency
You just contradicted everyone else's opinion on this website about the ZR trem.

I know that, but most people giving their opinions played one in a store and proclaimed it godly, while I had to completely take it apart and replace a good 35% of the parts and I open the nut ever hour or so to retune it because it goes flat so often.
Dickless.