I may or may not have struck an awesome deal for an amp I really want. This amp is 120 watts running.

The issue is that I have no cabs at home yet, and I can't pass such a sweet deal up, but I do have a combo amp! I know the speaker is only 6.5 inches but I figure better than nothing, plus the first thing I'd get afterwards would be a cabinet.

So, is it possible to use a combo amp as a cabinet? The back of the amp has Speaker, Lineout, Headphones, and CD/Tape Input.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
6.5"?

There's NO WAY, AFAIK, that that speaker will be able to deal with a 120W amp.
It will blow - even at low volumes most likely.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
You'd probably blow the speaker even at a very low setting. Buy the head and continue practicing with your cube and when you have the monies buy a proper cab.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If the speaker can take 120 watts (It should say on the speaker how many watts) and has the same impedance as the head, then it'll take it. But I still think 120 watts will shit all over a 6.5 inch speaker.
If this is a tube amp theres also impedance to worry about apart from the certain destruction of the speaker, so you might blow the head as well, so basically don't do it
Good thing I asked first!! Alright so I'll buy the amp and save for that Vader Cab I've been eyeing.

And that made me think, is it possible I can use the larger combo amp's 6.5 " speaker to work for my microcube? Cause the microcube speaker is total ****, it flubs incredibly, and I hate it.

if so, how owuld I go aobut doing this?
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Well, when I'm playing my MC at low volumes I plug into my computer from the rec out on the back of the cube to my computer. Try running an instrument cable from that to your combo. I've never done that before, so I take no responsibility for blown amps following my advice.
Quote by CrushedCan
Good thing I asked first!! Alright so I'll buy the amp and save for that Vader Cab I've been eyeing.

And that made me think, is it possible I can use the larger combo amp's 6.5 " speaker to work for my microcube? Cause the microcube speaker is total ****, it flubs incredibly, and I hate it.

if so, how owuld I go aobut doing this?

It's would probably take a fair amount of soldering and not sound much better, so you'd pretty much be wasting your time.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not