Death Magnetic will be Metallica’s ninth studio album . It is scheduled for release on September 12, 2008 by Warner Bros. Records. The album will be the band’s first to feature current bassist Robert Trujillo, and the first to be produced by Rick Rubin. Death Magnetic also marks the first time in the band’s history in which all band members contributed to each song on an album. That’s cool

But this is really sad to see that Metallica is going against the trend of the ever increasing concert ticket prices with shows that cost between $9 and $14 to promote their new album Death Magnetic. I personally never thought it would go that cheap. It’s METALLICA for crying out loud. They will play to extremely cheap shows in Europe to hype up their new album release. The first show on September 12th, celebrates the global release date for Death Magnetic. Metallica will christen the brand new 02 World Arena in Berlin with its 17 thousand capacity with tickets selling for about $14. The second show on September 15th will be in London at the 02 Arena with tickets selling for about $9. In addition to pleasing fans who can’t afford the usual astronomical ticket prices, Metallica will donate the proceeds from both shows to local charities.

Maybe this is Metallica’s way of apologizing to their fans for their public support of the record industry on music copyright issues. I hope Metallica has learned a lesson or two from bands like Nine Inch Nails.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DONT FEEL WRONG Cuz my Main point here is that i just think THEY DESERVE MORE!

METALLICA ROCKS! .... what say brothers?
Lets look at the situation

See Metallica for $9 - $14

or see Metallica for $35+

Why are you complaining?

Honestly
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
i think its awesome. i'm freakin broke so cheap shows might be a good thing. i'm not sure if they have any underlying reason for it or not....but you won't hear me complaining.
I'd go for 14 bucks.

Although I couldn't stand their new song though tbh.

As soon as he said "sunshine", I had made up my mind.
They've changed so much since their older albums. Could be hetfield's older voice though.
How the hell is this specifically metal?

Christ, heaven forbid you talk about a band on the Pit. It's not like we've had 5 page threads about the Jonas Brothers or Fall Out Boy.

In my opinion, this is great of Metallica to do. If only I lived in the UK
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
they got enough money already, let them play to the people who couldn't afford ridiculous ticket prices.

silly comment.
well, this is dumb... i think it is awesome for a major artist to realize that all their fans don't have much money and that they are quite rich enough
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by AzzA2006
Lets look at the situation

See Metallica for $9 - $14

or see Metallica for $35+

Why are you complaining?

Honestly

Situation 1:
Everyone tries to get a ticket and it sells out within seconds.

Situation 2:
Higher pricing means only those that really want to see Metallica (i.e. the bigger fans) will be able to see them.
I find myself with even more respect for the guys after hearing this! Two shows, clearly just for fans and charity. They're not making money. They're playing for the joy of playing, and they're helping out a lot of people in the process
Quote by mosh_face
well, this is dumb... i think it is awesome for a major artist to realize that all their fans don't have much money and that they are quite rich enough

Every time I see your signature, I feel a little happier

And I whole-heartedly agree, Metallica is doing some major fan-support on this one. I still don't understand if the TS is opposed to it or not though, he speaks in tongues

Quote by frottage
what's Metallica's stance on copyright issues?

"Steal our music and we'll sodomize you with a Dean Razorback"
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Wow, you're seriously complaining about reasonably priced tickets? What the **** is wrong with you?
Quote by Archaon
Situation 1:
Everyone tries to get a ticket and it sells out within seconds.

Situation 2:
Higher pricing means only those that really want to see Metallica (i.e. the bigger fans) will be able to see them.

there u go..thanks
Quote by RocSuperBeast
there u go..thanks

You're an idiot, if you really are mad about Metallica selling cheap tickets.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
waiiiiiiit, you're saying they should charge more? what's wrong with you? band's should make it affordable for their fans so i congratulate metallica

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
7uck! I'm Moving To Europe!!!
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Are you some sort of fascist or something? Who would complain about letting more people get music for cheap? That's like saying that bread should cost $20 a loaf so that poor people starve. They don't really need it. Pepperidge Farm deserves more.

If my favorite band played a show for $14, I'd be happy. H-A-P-P-Y.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Metallica need more money just like Africa needs less food.

+1
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
35$, I wish I could go to a concert for that little.

Here in Helsinki I have gone to three major concerts this year and I had to pay no less than 80$ for each one.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Metallica need more money just like Africa needs less food.

True dat.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
I don't understand...are you complaining that Metallica are putting on cheap shows...and then giving the money to make to charity?

Are you some kind of idiot?!
this is great for their fans. they're going out there and saying "hey, we care" so they lower the price AND donate to charity. id buy 30 tickets for myself just for those reasons
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.