is it a floyd rose perchance? .... oh guess not, not sure then.

Apply pressure to the buzzing strings past the nut and play them at the same time, if the buzzing goes away you have a nut problem which is unlikely if its only there after changing strings. Did you change the gauge aswell?
Last edited by Mr.Kvx10 at Aug 24, 2008,
3 of 5? try putting all 6 strings on, tuning it, bending all of them alot, and retuning.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
you think they didn't, or they slightly didn't (they're gonna buzz more or less depending on 'luck')
OR you have a cheap guitar with only 1 or 2 feathers to hold the strings back and something's wrong there.
But ppb it's just the standard deviation of the amount of buzzing of new strings
Quote by -Blue-
I took the top 3 off, strung them, then the next 3, and I'm doing the last one now.

I'll try the bending thing.

this could be your problem. a strat bridge is set to a pretty precise tension to stay in tune and prevent buzzing. taking off more than one string at a time can cause it to go out of whack, and it may need to be adjusted.

but also, new strings can just buzz because they are new and still have that fresh-out-of-the-pack sound. i usually get my new strings on the guitar, and then literally grab them and pull them up, down and away from the guitar, as much as i think they can stand it. this takes the bounce out of them a little bit so that they stay in tune better. after playing them for a couple hours, they don't buzz at all.
From my experience, some strings just don't like being put onto guitars. D'Addario super light XL's for example. They just buzz for a couple of hours of playing unless you bend them to hell after putting them on. They'll settle down (I hope).
after the strings hold their tune a while, you'll know they are pretty much broken in.

so check that ur bridge is still level, then

fret the low E first fret, at the same time,
fret the low E last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets 7-9th.

if the string lays on the fretwire there, then you dont have enough neck relief.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, then you have too much.

measure and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it wasnt all strung?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by -Blue-
I strung the last one and the buzz went away for some reason... Not sure why, maybe the neck pressure was uneven.

Thanks!

Yea that was what i thought, especially if the last one you put on was the low E.
That often has the most tension so make sure that ones in tune correctlly and tuning before checking for buzz and ****.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.