Hey guys.

I posted this question on Yahoo Answers, but I figured my bretheren inn the pit my be faster, and more reliable. I got an LCD HDTV and connected my laptop to it via an HDMI cable running from my laptops HDMI port to the HDMI input on the TV. The problem is, the screen will go blank randomly when loading a program, or doing other seemingly simole functions. Is it my Laptop, or the tv, or the cable?

P.S. The TV is a Sanyo 42", the Comp is an HP DV6700, and the refresh rate of the Sanyo is 6.5 ms. Thanks!
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
My only guess is that some programs are not in the right resolution but then again I don't really know anything on the subject.

Could be this.

It might be your laptop not outputting 3D accellerated applications on the 2nd display.

What sort of programs are we talking here?
I opeen Itunes, a nd it goes blank for a second or two, or if I play a gam on the internet, it'll go out sometimes, oddly though, not when I play games like Rainbow six or wow.

P.S. I couldn't get the sound to work at first, so I switched ports on the tv, but then I realized how to change the setting in the cantrol panel. Maybe it's the port...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Last edited by Shirate at Aug 24, 2008,