Ive found some riffs that sound very egyptian so now it gives me a basis on what the rest of the song should sound like. Does anybody have any tabs or are there any scales that are from egyptian types of music?
MichaelEMJAYARE
The Harmonic Minor and Dominant Phrygian scales.
Last edited by bnull24 at Aug 24, 2008,
I don't know what it's called, I only know the intervals. I derived it from Dick Dale, CoB and Megadeth songs. 0.5; 1.5; 0.5; 1; 0.5; 1.5; 0.5.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Phrygian Dominant is most commonly associated with Egyptian music, but make sure you work on your phrasing and harmonies as well; the scale won't make you sound Egyptian on its own. It'll help, but it's how you arrange the notes that will really count.
it goes (in C)
C Db E F G Ab B C
in tab (in C)
E---------------------------
B------------------------------
G-------------------4-5-------
D--------2-3-5-6--------------
A---3-4--------------------
E-------------------------------
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
i think the gypsy scale is the one with more juicy egyptian honks in it.

of course, there are lots of variations to the gypsy scale, but the one i like the most is:
1 b2 #3 4 5 b6 7
Quote by Green_Jelly
I don't know what it's called, I only know the intervals. I derived it from Dick Dale, CoB and Megadeth songs. 0.5; 1.5; 0.5; 1; 0.5; 1.5; 0.5.

Double Harmonic or Byzantine scale.