Basically what the title says. Testament influenced thrash metal. c4c

I need to know if it actually compares to testament/other good thrash bands, or if its just some knock off. Its not totally finished but enough is done to put it up here.

Thanks guys
Attachments:
TR-1.2.zip
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
1.12 was awesome, but TOTALLY Testament. If you'd play something like this with a band, people'd call you rip-offs. Try to find your own style within thrash metal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
1.12 was awesome, but TOTALLY Testament. If you'd play something like this with a band, people'd call you rip-offs. Try to find your own style within thrash metal.

ya thats what i was afraid of haha. what parts don't sound too testamentish
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

well, as someone noted, the verseriff reminds me of some testament, but I rather call it inspired, so far.
I suppose this is still deep in the development stage, so I keep my comments accordingly:
Both the intro and the verse are strong in itself, but the transition between them needs to be more developed. Either have some chordchanges connecting the two or make a break/new count-in. The little melody bit in bar 29 mixes things up nicely, I can see this expanded upon in a prechorus etc ? As for the riff in bar 13 ff, I'd suggest playing the melody notes an octave down, sounds more realistic and pleasant - I slightly different drumbeat than the verse will also help vary things and make those parts more different and stand out. And concerning pleasant, the constant vibrato in the intro can get quite jarring.
Bar 37 ff (work heap, I suppose) will work nicely with a halftime stomping drum pattern, I've tried. Definetly a keeper for later. Last riff (bar 45) was basically a reiteration of the main riff, not too hot on that one, just because by now we've heard it enough.
Alright, slap in some more variation, like a chord progression for a chorus, riffs with rests, and what else the thrash playbook has for dynamics. A nicely developed solo on top, and you're golden.
Will definetly be watching this one, good luck!
Quote by Ailes
well, as someone noted, the verseriff reminds me of some testament, but I rather call it inspired, so far.
I suppose this is still deep in the development stage, so I keep my comments accordingly:
Both the intro and the verse are strong in itself, but the transition between them needs to be more developed. Either have some chordchanges connecting the two or make a break/new count-in. The little melody bit in bar 29 mixes things up nicely, I can see this expanded upon in a prechorus etc ? As for the riff in bar 13 ff, I'd suggest playing the melody notes an octave down, sounds more realistic and pleasant - I slightly different drumbeat than the verse will also help vary things and make those parts more different and stand out. And concerning pleasant, the constant vibrato in the intro can get quite jarring.
Bar 37 ff (work heap, I suppose) will work nicely with a halftime stomping drum pattern, I've tried. Definetly a keeper for later. Last riff (bar 45) was basically a reiteration of the main riff, not too hot on that one, just because by now we've heard it enough.
Alright, slap in some more variation, like a chord progression for a chorus, riffs with rests, and what else the thrash playbook has for dynamics. A nicely developed solo on top, and you're golden.
Will definetly be watching this one, good luck!

Alright the verse definitely has to go but could i save the intro and chorus?
Quote by The Spoon

Alright the verse definitely has to go but could i save the intro and chorus?

mate, no one ever said the verse has to go ? It's a great verse, it's more about what comes before and after it. And if you're worried about any closeness to a song that's been done already: no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater - add a few notes here, take a few notes there, you know the deal..
Dude, that was awesome. I was just scrolling down the Tabs & Chords page and I saw "Testament" (my fav. thrash band) and I was like, "Hmm, this deserves a look". I can really see Testament INFLUENCE here, but I wouldn't call it a Testament KNOCK OFF. But next time can you export this in GP4 format as well? I was unable to open either one of the GP5 tabs, so I had to import the midi into Guitar Pro, thus I was unable to see the EXACT notes you had going on in there (because GP sucks at importing midi's). That'd be great.

And one more question... C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=943853
Thanx!
--[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/SquallLeonhart8/ESPEX50TestamentPracticeAlbumCustom.jpg[/img]--
Testament Practice What You Preach Edition ESP Explorer by me.
What do you think? PM me