So my dad and I were at Guitar Center yesterday looking around and I find this beautiful Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 string. Now, the guy who was working the bass section of the store told us all about it, its pros/cons and when I played it, I loved it. The feel, the tone, the look, everything.

I was wondering if it's worth the buy or if the salesman kinda pulled a placebo on me.
they work on commission...he wants you to buy a warwick lol that bass is sweet, get it! ive played it also and i dig it.
Quote by ele1122
If you loved it, why wouldn't you buy it?

Not able to get one until my birthday (December). I would have bought it right there if I was able...

Quote by vannaXcurses

they work on commission...he wants you to buy a warwick lol that bass is sweet, get it! ive played it also and i dig it.

Hah he did actually try to sell me a Warwick fretless. He also taught me a few tricks (triads and the such)
I own one and I love it!
The pickups could use an upgrade but I doubt it will do any good with my Line6 amp.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Played the 4 string one through a ampeg amp and it kicked ass.
Very nice bass imo.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I personally like the Elite 5 better but all schecters are amazing quality for the price.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
It has cons????? please tell me im, blinded by the love of mine

Quote by Victory2134
I own one and I love it!
The pickups could use an upgrade but I doubt it will do any good with my Line6 amp.

pretty sure its not the pickups that need the upgrade.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I have one. Its a great bass, especially for the price. Obviously there are many better basses out there, and I dont play it nearly as much now that I have an American Fender, but its still a solid bass. I used it all kinds of gigs for a few years. I'd say if thats what you're looking for and thats what you like, then get it. It wont dissapoint.
Quote by biga29

yeah...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
go for the Elite, even better for not too much more money, IMO.

try to find one used too. I got my Elite 5 for about 400.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by biga29
It has cons????? please tell me im, blinded by the love of mine

Haha the only con I came across was transitioning from a four to a fiver. Not used to the B string being there and it messed up my playing
Quote by the humanity

Wow when the hell did you buy one 1902? I got one for 600$ and i was like "damn son, i got a deal!"
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by the humanity

Why's it better?
I am getting the 4 string myself on Jan. :3

I've play it and all i could say was "WOW" for a whole week
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by AmpleSteak
Wow when the hell did you buy one 1902? I got one for 600$ and i was like "damn son, i got a deal!"

nope. like a week and a half ago. it was great, I almost couldn't believe it. the biggest problems were some fret wear and a rather aggressive dent on the bottom.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Why's it better?

better sustain, not as ugly (visually, I'm the worst person to have one lol, I think that body looks ugly, if it didn't actually sound nice I'd probably hate it) and it has a better feel. it seems a little more clear tonally, and the sound is more consistent, imo.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
better sustain, not as ugly (visually, I'm the worst person to have one lol, I think that body looks ugly, if it didn't actually sound nice I'd probably hate it) and it has a better feel. it seems a little more clear tonally, and the sound is more consistent, imo.

I think the Elite 5 is ugly, tbh. And it's more money...but damn it being neck through...if I could have a neck through Stiletto I'd be more than happy.

Quote by vicker89
They are really nice dude, the neck feels lovely and i believe the sound is good for the money

do it

I'll definitely look into it
well play both. imo, they are all really ugly, so I don't care what it looks like.

bolt on is good too, play both I say.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
well play both. imo, they are all really ugly, so I don't care what it looks like.

bolt on is good too, play both I say.

Alright.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.