Hey I'm not a bassist but I've been toying around on my friend's Ibanez bass and I want to get a sort of "beater" bass that wont cost much. I am looking at getting something like this, as opposed to a Squier or something. Are these pretty decent for the price? Thanks
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
I played an SX bass belonging to someone else for one gig. I must say, I really thought it was great.
In before the SX bashing squier fans.

They hella cheap and pretty good. Great deal for the cash.
I'd probably go for a jazz bass one if i was going to buy another.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Use the search bar.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
My friend ordered one recently and is waiting for it to arrive. He's done a TON of research before getting it. I'm sure they're not bad.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Hergiswi
Use the search bar.

and search for what? "SX" is too short to be counted in search results.

But nice attempt.

Thanks for the other replies
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
SX Bass?

That would do fine in the search bar.

Or SX Basses.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
i use one for my church band. they are well built, just the electronics i got in it aren't very good but its solid.
My Gear:
-Laguna LE322
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
-Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
-Yamaha Bass (Idk what model)

To Get:
-New Humbucker Pickups
Avoid SX like the plague!

The electronics are crap, the hardware is crap, and it put together crapily! Not to mention the fretboards are orange. Rosewood is not orange! It's brown God damnit!

You'd be better off with Squier or like an Ibanez GSR 200.
Not another SX thread.....

Put simply they are ****, even for entry level basses and guitars. People who praise them don't know what they are talking about. ****ing garbage necks,hardware, and bodies cut wrong. Not even worth upgrading, better used as firewood.
I bought an SX fretless model, I think the quilted looking one at around 140.

It plays a lot (I stress this) better than the 4 different MIM Fender fretless basses that I tried before purchasing which cost between 500-550 depending on where I was.

Had I bought the Fender, I would have paid 3.5 -4 times as much for something I would not have liked. Unfortunately I haven't played any MIA models so I can't compare those, as ridiculous as the comparison sounds in the first place.

I think it's safe to say that every company has their lemons. The customer service and Kurt at Rondo seem to be very understanding when it comes to returning an item from what I've read.

They are decent for the price. You get what you pay for. Don't expect amazing custom luthiered quality at 100-200 dollars. I find it hard to understand everybody that bashes them. Of course the electronics and hardware aren't going to be fantastic at that price but they serve their purpose.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by Randy Bobandy
Not another SX thread.....

Put simply they are ****, even for entry level basses and guitars. People who praise them don't know what they are talking about. ****ing garbage necks,hardware, and bodies cut wrong. Not even worth upgrading, better used as firewood.

I beg to differ.
I know what I'm talking about.

I'll be honest here, I actually have an SX, unlike most on here that talk ****.
The body is cut fine, practically the same as the MIM P-bass that I was borrowing before I got it. The neck isn't perfect, but it's not uncomfterable or badly shaped.
The stock tuners I have on my SX are awesome, never seems to go out tune, even after a good 20 minute walk and a hours bus ride. The bridge could to with being replaced, but it'll do for now, and the pick-ups are amazing, but they give a pretty unique tone which I quite like.

It's still a case of "you get what you pay for", but when they're this cheap, and plenty of them are actually pretty good, it's definately worth looking at.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I'm the same as the guy above me except i replaced my bridge.

Also, orange necks just mean that they were finished the lazy man's way. Doesn't effect playablity at all. Doesn't look to bad either.
I like my SX. I played a MIM Fender P for half a year, so I have some experience with Fenders. I much prefer my SX to it.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by dancesisidance
I beg to differ.
I know what I'm talking about.

I'll be honest here, I actually have an SX, unlike most on here that talk ****.
The body is cut fine, practically the same as the MIM P-bass that I was borrowing before I got it. The neck isn't perfect, but it's not uncomfterable or badly shaped.
The stock tuners I have on my SX are awesome, never seems to go out tune, even after a good 20 minute walk and a hours bus ride. The bridge could to with being replaced, but it'll do for now, and the pick-ups are amazing, but they give a pretty unique tone which I quite like.

It's still a case of "you get what you pay for", but when they're this cheap, and plenty of them are actually pretty good, it's definately worth looking at.

Well, I owned two and they were both pieces of ****. One of my freinds got one an upraged it with $300 in parts as a project bass and after it was done it was simply mediocre. You are better off getting something from a real instrument company then
these online bargain peices of **** SX guitars. Probably the worst thing about them is the necks are complelety warped, no amount of adjustments will get rid of buzz or have decent action.

For $100 you are basically paying for a nice wall decoration, thats it. You can put an SX above your fireplace or in it, those are the only options. Forget about playing it on stage.
the one I played felt terrible. I don't ever want to see it again.

SX is basically, a bunch of cheap stuff thrown together, but they aren't bad for the price. I just much prefer my Ibanez.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom