hey i just 'aquired' Cubase SX a few weeks ago and im havin serious lag problems. when im recording i can play perfectly in time with whats coming out the speakers but when i listen to it all back the second recording is a fraction of a second out of time and sounds awful.

i record through my boss me50 into the computer line in. ive search bared and found nothin and also i looked in the recordin Q&A thread to no avail.

someone plz help thank you
type "Cubase [your version] latency" into google.
Guitars
Gretsch Duo Jet w\ Bigsby
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Martin 00-15
Yamaha FGX720SC
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Amps
Marshall MG50DFX

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix HOG
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95
ive tried recording like that and its the way you input to your computer. Look for an usb interface or firewire, they have close to no latency unless you have a lot of instruments.

Oh also you can start to play like 5 seconds after you press record and then splice your stuff in.
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Phishead42
ive tried recording like that and its the way you input to your computer. Look for an usb interface or firewire, they have close to no latency unless you have a lot of instruments

sounds like an idea whats a firewire?

and also would a sound card be of any use here cos im plannin on gettin one of them to
yeah a good soundcard for recording would do the trick.

Firewire is like usb but a lot faster, at least for recording. I never thought i had one but then one day i discovered the plug on my laptop. small plug into the computer looks like a fat n with 4 little connectors
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
acquired, eh....

No help here. I mean, you figured out how to get it...

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.