From what I understand, it does not have any effects itself. Does it just control the seperate effects you have or does it control the amp? Would one recommend a foot controller or multi effects pedel?
A footswitch (also known as a foot controller) allows you to switch between multiple channels of the amplifier, and also turn on/off any FX the amp is running e.g. reverb.
Well a foot pedal is used to swtich between channels or effects on the amp itself, not for outside effects.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by jxmxaxn
Well a foot pedal is used to swtich between channels or effects on the amp itself, not for outside effects.

I think the TS is talking about a midi foot controller for something like a Digital Music Corp. GCX - you plug all of your effects into it and use the foot controller to switch the effects on/off.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I think the TS is talking about a midi foot controller for something like a Digital Music Corp. GCX - you plug all of your effects into it and use the foot controller to switch the effects on/off.

Oh then in that case TS, disregard what i said previously, i have no knowledge in this area.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1