i'm going to college (gonna be a freshman) in 4 days and i'm not going to really know anyone other a few kids i went to high school with, though i probably won't see them that often. i used to have facebook for a while in high school, but i never really used it/went on, so i'm wondering if it's even worth it for college. i'm not the most outgoing person, but i think i can make enough friends without it, so i'm not really sure. i'm not really into online social stuff (other than ug of course ), so what's everyones opinion on this? should i make one or not?

also, in a few years don't you think something else will come along that's better?
cmon are you serious? just make one for the **** of it. was this thread really neccessary? lol
You'll probably find that everyone there uses it for events etc.
Quote by smb

good point, i didn't think about that.
rather use myspace
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
I use it to keep in touch with some friends at Kansas State, whilst I go to the University of Illinois.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by smb

its true. i find out about a lot of stuff through facebook. people just post it on there because its easier than texting or calling 30 people or whatever.

plus its a decent way to keep in touch with people you dont see very often.
private college = facebook
state college's might have more myspace users, but at least make a facebook anyway

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
It takes what, five minutes to make one? Even if you don't use it it's not like you're at a loss. Go for it.
i would personally use myspace, but on the campus' around here people use a facebook a lot. but if your not willing to check it numerous times a day (most of the people i know check it everytime they see a comp) then it wouldn't be as useful.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by daytripper75
its true. i find out about a lot of stuff through facebook. people just post it on there because its easier than texting or calling 30 people or whatever.

plus its a decent want to keep in touch with people you dont see very often.
Yeah exactly.

I resisted registering there for a while when I started uni but when you're involved in various societies or whatever it's pretty much essential.
It can be useful if you ever4 make a gig with ur, you can advertise it on facebook by sending a message to all your friends, so everyone will your giging
Quote by saitenslayer
rather use myspace

tool.
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
make one! you may find it can even help you make friends in real life also the only problem is if people contact you on it but you never use it, so I think it helps when it emails me if someone messages me on it.
yeah, i guess i'll make one once i get to college. i don't really care about 80% of the kids that i went to high school with, but i'll mainly use it to meet new people on campus.
i bet in the time it took to make this thread, you could have made 5 accounts.
Quote by cjpiquette
tool.

Yes because having an opinion makes him a tool.

I'd also rather use myspace, it's pretty good networking if you ignore all the crap that people use it for and do on it.
It's not worth it... MYSPACE FTW!!!!
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
I made a face book but I never use it, infact I made the exat same thread as this one a month ago, I guess you could make one I think it's quite useless unless you know many people who have it.
Yeah it's worth it.

As a highschool student, I attend almost all of the social events I do because of hearing about it on Facebook.

My senior-to-be-freshman friends have told me that its the same way for college.
Quote by Sguit
It can be useful if you ever4 make a gig with ur, you can advertise it on facebook by sending a message to all your friends, so everyone will your giging

I read this aloud word for word and lol'd.
Quote by Sguit

Quote by gibson sg LP
my father always told me, if it takes more than 12 steps to do its not worth it

so your father has never taken a shower..

unless it's within 12 steps of the bed...?

/sarcasm
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
Facebook is awesome. Helps you keep up man. when you're at home bored, there might be someone on facebook?
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
I normally stay clear of that stuff.. But i made a bebo (i didnt even put up much info, pretty much just my name & pic) and i was contacted by an old friend and actually went down to see her this week. Would never have happened otherwise
Unfortunately, a lot of people depend on it to contact others and set events, so it's probably a good idea to get one and stay in the loop.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja