As the subject says, I'm a guitarist in a prog-metal band in southwest Virginia. I live in Bristol, but I commute to Abingdon (around VHCC) to play with the other two guitarists and drummer. A five-string bassist is preferable, and we'll probably use a vocalist as well (think Matt Barlow, Russel Allen, Warrel Dane, and James LaBrie).

Influences are:
Dream Theater
Metallica (80's, ealy 90's)
Iced Earth
Steve Vai
Nevermore

As for the age group, we're aged 18-31, so it doesn't matter how old you are, as long as you can keep up, be dedicated (must attend practices!), and contribute musically. Having Powertab or GP5 will help too.

EDIT: We might be moving locations in a couple of years if we know things are gonna work out. We'll be going up to Philly PA (personal reasons for myself, and better exposure for the band), so it would help if you were close to moving away from your parents' house or something as well and didn't mind moving 9 hours away in the next couple of years.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 24, 2008,
Bump.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores