Page 1 of 2
Sup UG community, I have been searching and searching but i need to know, as a songwriter i need to know this stuff, what kind of guitar and amp does herman lee use in through the fire and flames, I really want to get that video gamey speed metal sound that really gets poeple pumping after you belt out your intro... thanks for the help
No.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
If Dragonforce is your influence...... burn your guitar.....amp.....and then yourself.
no they arent my influence but for a song or two i need the sound of that one song... really though im not a fan actually at all of dragon force i just really like the way that song sounds
he uses some ibanez
i thinks its an rg
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
custom Ibanez S of some sort, I believe they released a signature model this year, and added 24 frets to all the other Prestige S series guitars

they use Laneys live i think (TT100)
otherwise i think he's got the Marshall JMP1 preamp and a mountain of rack stuff

and the Digitech Whammy
Quote by Ghold125
welcome to ug, now feel the wrath of
http://www.shutupandgoogleit.com/

*hint* key word: herman li

Herman rii?
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by Slay 'Em
If Dragonforce is your influence...... burn your guitar.....amp.....and then yourself.

Even if it was, thats his decision. I ****ing hate your sort, cool down and dont think your so **** hot, everyone has there opinions and likes about music
ibanez rg and s huh..... thats too bad that i just got a gsa..... for anyone else who responds what kind of distortion can i get out of a gsa 60 ibanez??
Quote by HighPotency
I think herman uses lanely amps and ibanez guitars. I'm not too sure about the amp but i know he uses ibanez guitars.

He definitely uses ibanez guitars.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
he uses ibanez guitars i don't know about amps
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by jshizzleX666
Even if it was, thats his decision. I ****ing hate your sort, cool down and dont think your so **** hot, everyone has there opinions and likes about music

That's funny, you talk about opinions yet go bat**** when someone mentions theirs, GG next map thx.
If you want to sound like Herman Li, get a great sound engineer. First, listen to Dragonforce live.
k guys thanks for all the help and if you have any other suggestions on guitars that have a really high output and are real heavy distortion then i am really looking for a guitar that can scream out some pinch harmonics and what not...... and poeple i think we can drop the whole "opinion" thing... at least thats my "opinion".... corny yes but i couldnt resist
Quote by jshizzleX666

Slay'em has his OPINION so stfu noob kthxbai

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
The bulk of his tone comes from the Ibanez S series guitars he uses, fitted with DiMarzio Evo pickups I think, obviously he now has his signature guitar with custom-wound pickups in it but I would imagine his custom pups are similar to the Evos.

He also uses Laney VH100R heads and probably matching cabs, but he has a Marshall preamp and god knows what other effects in his chain; I know he's currently using hothand effects for some things like Wah.

Edit: I would also like to say that everyone who has posted in this thread with anything but useful information is a huge arsehole.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by StratoTele
If you want to sound like Herman Li, get a great sound engineer. First, listen to Dragonforce live.

or just program the songs on an overclocked commodore 64, you'll be about the same
You need a Sound Enhancement Pedal.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
if you only need that sound for a sound or two don't waste your money on a bunch of gear
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
wow... RGs? srsly people X( he uses ibanez S pretige models. He now has a signature ibanez E-gen
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by GuitaristTrue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMIQ1jfJm0

Listen To this and I bet you wont want any of herman lis stuff....

I hate how people who say Dragonforce sucks live always use that exact same video for "proof". So they had a bad show, no big deal. Everyone has those days. I had a friend who saw them at Mayhem Fest or whatever its called and he said they were pretty much flawless.

Anyways on topic: This is from the equipment list on his Wikipedia page. Not sure if it's 100% accurate though.

* Guitars:
o Ibanez E-Gen - EGEN18 Herman Li Signature Model
o Ibanez 7 String - 540S7BK
o Ibanez Acoustics
o DiMarzio Pickups (HLM - Neck, Middle, Bridge)
o D'Addario Strings

* Amplifications, Rig Setup & Misc:
o Rocktron Prophesy II
o Rocktron All Access
o Rocktron MIDI Mate
o Source Audio Hot Hand
o Mesa Boogie Stereo 2:Fifty
o Peavey 4x12 Straight Speaker Cabinets
o MIDIjet Pro Wireless Midi System
o DigiTech Whammy 2
o Dunlop Cry Baby DCR-2SR
o Ibanez Weeping Demon
o Rocktron Patch Mate
o Rocktron Xpression
o Rocktron Intellifex XL
o Korg DTR-2000
o Fi Dorra Music Box
he has his own signature s series guitar look up ibanezguitars.com
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
The amp or guitar wouldn't make "video game" effects.

The Digitech whammy pedal helps with that, he also has over dub guitars going and alot of whammy/harmonic tricks. Plus pedals, that's what really does it too.
Who cares if they suck, they are richer and more famous then all of you. Just answer his question.

He uses A custom ibanez with dimarzio evos through a mesa/boogie 50/50 poweramp and a rocktron prophesy preamp. ALso he uses Peavey JSX cabs. Thats all I know.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Oh man that video was truly horrible whoever posted that.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
why would you want to recreate that god awful tone, i cannot stand video game/cheese metal. its just awful, play real music
Quote by TheSmashing
dude you really know how to ruin a guy when he wants to take the fun path

Not fun. Dumb.
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Doesn't he use a Mesa Triaxis in the studio?

His tone is trebly as hell. blechh.

and excuse the screen name, I don't like DF anymore.
He overdubs the bejeezes out of his studio recordings, not to mention countless protools plugins, ect... You can only get so far with a guitar and amp when the tone you're looking for is mostly digital.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Page 1 of 2