So right now I have an Ibanez RG with a Marshall amp. I like the combination for metal songs, particularly those in Drop C, etc. So my plan is to get another guitar + amp for songs in regular tuning and Drop D, while using my Ibanez for Drop C, Drop Db, etc. So I'm leaning towards a Fender Stratocaster with a Fender amp for cleaner sounds, and I can use the fender with the marshal for heavier rock stuff. So, I come here if you have any suggestions for guitar + amp combos. Here are some bands i like so it's easier for you to decide what best suits me:

- Metallica
- Aerosmith
- Nirvana
- Rage Against the Machine
- Cream
- Reel Big Fish
- Muse
- Pink Floyd
- Queen
- Iron Maiden

Thanks for any help and suggestions!
ESP LTD M1000 or EC1000....for the metallica and maiden anyway
Or a fender strat like adrian smiths from maiden in the video to run to the hills
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
if you like fender sound try out vox. for guitar you cant go wrong with a strat with the bridge humbucker and install a coil tap. itll work with anything. ps if you do decide to go fender the hot rod deville with 4 ten inch speakers instead of the standard two 12s is absolutely awesome. it handles high volume amazingly well while retaining the low to moderate volume clarity for sparkley clean sounds.
Quote by hawk5211
budget?

come on we have to know

Oh, um... I guess $600 in total, I think I can afford to spend that much.

Quote by dudey5691
Depending on which Marshall amp you have, you might just need to buy some pedals...

but if you must have an amp, Laney and Orange are good for what you need... although they are voiced similar to marshall.

Are you looking for a H-H, H-S-H, S-S-S, S-S,or S-S-H setup for your guitar?

I have a digitech 250 pedal, is that good enough for what I want to play?

And about those H's and S's... can you please explain what you mean? Thanks.
H=Humbucker
S=Single Coil

So HSS = Humbucker in the Bridge position, and sincle coils in the Neck and Middle Positions.

What Marshall do you have?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
H=Humbucker
S=Single Coil

So HSS = Humbucker in the Bridge position, and sincle coils in the Neck and Middle Positions.

What Marshall do you have?

Can you also explain what those are... heh, I'm not guitar tech-savvy like that.

And I apparently have an MG10 series. I'm assuming the 10 is watts.
Quote by Merthan
Can you also explain what those are... heh, I'm not guitar tech-savvy like that.

And I apparently have an MG10 series. I'm assuming the 10 is watts.

Then you need a completely new amp, that's not a great amp...or even a particularly good one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Then you need a completely new amp, that's not a great amp...or even a particularly good one.

I'll stick with this one for now, I'm just a beginner anyhow. But, if I did have a chance to replace it, what would work with an Ibanez then?
Quote by Merthan
I'll stick with this one for now, I'm just a beginner anyhow. But, if I did have a chance to replace it, what would work with an Ibanez then?

Um...anything really. That amps needs to GO before you spend $$ on ANYTHING else.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
ps if you do decide to go fender the hot rod deville with 4 ten inch speakers instead of the standard two 12s is absolutely awesome. it handles high volume amazingly well while retaining the low to moderate volume clarity for sparkley clean sounds.

Yea uh no....Dont get a Hot Rod. The cleans are sterile and the drive is muddy. Just don't do it. There are way better amps out there. I can't believe Fender actually put their name on those. Look at Bad Cats. Should be plenty of drive for you.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by Merthan

You need a new amp before you get a new guitar - a Vox Valvetronix would do the job nicely.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
You need a new amp before you get a new guitar - a Vox Valvetronix would do the job nicely.

Really? I was thinking of a Spider Line 6 or a Peavey Head, but you think a Vox would go with my tastes?
I say blow the whole $600 on an amp. It will help you get all the tones you want.

For RATM, you can use the RP250 for all the crazy effects.

Why the hell are you in Drop C for those bands? None of them use anything lower than Drop D I think...

If you really like metal look at this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

If you are more into rock, maybe a Peavey Classic 30, or Peavey ValveKing?

Remember, buying used has many advantages.
Quote by Merthan
Really? I was thinking of a Spider Line 6 or a Peavey Head, but you think a Vox would go with my tastes?

Spider Line 6 - dear god no
Peavey Head - which one, and were you planning on buying a cab to go with it?

A Valvetronix would a great second amp for you based on the bands you mentioned.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Valvetronix!

Nao!.
I didn't include the Drop C bands and such. Some are:

System of a Down
Breaking Benjamin
Scars on Broadway
Serj Tankian
Korn (some people say they use 7-stringed guitars, but I play Drop-C variations)

And spend $600 on ONE amp? Dear god, don't give me a heart attack
Quote by Merthan

System of a Down
Breaking Benjamin
Scars on Broadway
Serj Tankian
Korn (some people say they use 7-stringed guitars, but I play Drop-C variations)

That's not a lot for an amp....generally speaking you want to spend as much on your amp as your guitar.

One of the Valvetonixes will set you back between $2-300, depending on which model and assming you're in the US.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Merthan

System of a Down
Breaking Benjamin
Scars on Broadway
Serj Tankian

Uh.... Amps have the most affect on your overall tone, but go ahead, blow it on ANOTHER bad setup, just to play in different tunings.

I suggest the Randall RG50TC.

Look used. You could probably find one for 500 or less.
Quote by steven seagull
That's not a lot for an amp....generally speaking you want to spend as much on your amp as your guitar.

One of the Valvetonixes will set you back between $2-300, depending on which model and assming you're in the US.

Oh, $300? Yeah, I live in the U.S. That makes things look a bit better.

Quote by TheArcadeFire
Uh.... Amps have the most affect on your overall tone, but go ahead, blow it on ANOTHER bad setup, just to play in different tunings.

I suggest the Randall RG50TC.

Look used. You could probably find one for 500 or less.

Well, when you put it that way, I guess you're right. Still, it's a pain to switch between tunings all the time...
Quote by Merthan
Oh, $300? Yeah, I live in the U.S. That makes things look a bit better.

Well, when you put it that way, I guess you're right. Still, it's a pain to switch between tunings all the time...

I can't imagine why you would want to keep playing on the MG10. They suck soooo bad.
Even if you are a beginner, do the right thing, and buy a good amp now. I don't think you need a new guitar as much. Trust me, you can deal with switching tunings.
Quote by TheArcadeFire
I can't imagine why you would want to keep playing on the MG10. They suck soooo bad.
Even if you are a beginner, do the right thing, and buy a good amp now. I don't think you need a new guitar as much. Trust me, you can deal with switching tunings.

Yeah, I see your point. I guess I'll go try out the Vox and check out the Randall as well. Thanks for your help everybody!
Quote by Merthan

after that i think you deserve a spider

your gonna wnat a combo amp if your a beginner
halfstacks are a bitch to lug around and more then one amp is even worse

look in b-52's

great cleans and great gain for your genres

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2