So I was playing guitar today and my index finger started having weird pains. I've never had this before its weird. But its kind of annoying when I play guitar. Its only in my left hand index finger from the middle of it up. Any of you know what this is?
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
Pain is a message from your body. The meaning is pretty simple, "quit it!" I've had that pain before, usually from long practice sessions. Put the guitar down for a bit.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
exact same problem, its been with me for months now, and hasn't subsided unless I put down my acoustic for a long time. Only to return when I play or type alot. Spread to my right hand too.

I pray you don't have what I do, cause if you do, welcome to a serious pain the ass
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
It's totally normal. You have two options;

1-Play and forget about the pain(if it's just burning a bit from your fingers running along the strings). If it's muscular, second choice.
2-Take a little break. If it's muscular, I'd recommend only playing again when it stops hurting.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Pain can also be a side effect of bad technique. Try playing whatever causes you pain in slightly different ways (different fingers, standing/sitting, etc.) Whatever is comfortable is usually right.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.