Page 1 of 2
So, Life's been a bitch to me lately... My family's been tearing itself apart from the inside, I never have anything to keep myself occupied anymore besides play video games or guitar, my mom doesn't give a **** about my future career as a musician (therefore, ruling her out of my "people to look to for support later in life" list), All i do is play video games and go to school (all i CAN do...), Many nights I go without sleeping but if I do sleep... It's not a good comfortable sleep, I'm 14 and smoking weed, and my role in this world seems pretty ****ing useless at the moment.... I'm asking The "Serious"-side of The Pit, any ideas how to make all the **** that's been piling up less of a burden, or any suggestions on how to live my life more effectively? Normally I don't care about many things, but It's beginning to get to a point where its too much to blow off...
Ummm goto Jack off Jill and read his latest story it's sad stuff...
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
sounds like me, besides the weed and uselessness, i dont know what to tell you dude, find other stuff to do i guess.
Smoke more pot.

No but seriously, hang out with friends, if you have good friends, they will support you. Write some songs about what you're dealing with, that might help. But just try to get through what you are now until you get old enough to move out or drive, anything to get you away from home, and things will get better.
stop smoking bud for a good 3-5 weeks. thats what i do when im feeling down, you will feel great when you have been sober for that long
Tell this to your family. At least your mom. If you tell her I am sure she will try to help. Also, lay off the pot. It is just gunna make things worse.
crack
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Umm.... Realize that setting up your entire life for a career as a musician has a ridiculously slim chance of working out?
go outside, and find some friends. Seriously this is pathetic how you're spilling all your emotions on the internet......so sad...
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
You'll understand when your older.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Taxi_06
Smoke more pot.

No but seriously, hang out with friends, if you have good friends, they will support you. Write some songs about what you're dealing with, that might help. But just try to get through what you are now until you get old enough to move out or drive, anything to get you away from home, and things will get better.

I'm thinking this is the best suggestion at the moment... cuz you're right. Friends can help me deal with it, but I CAN'T hang out with them... My mom forces me to stay home and watch my retarded brother all week, rendering my summer vacation the ****tiest vacation known to man-kind. I'll try my best to get her to let me get out ad about and go hang out with my friends... plus my total amount of friends are about 60% mexican, and mexican families rawk.

@PissingInMyShoeses: I know, i'm not gunna graduate high school and go directly into sitting on a corner in San Francisco waiting for people to throw a quarter in my case, but I want to be a successful musician, i wanna be in a band that can tour around and make a decent living off playing shows on a regular basis, which i realize will be hard... seeing as many, many bands go without food and money for days or weeks. But i'm willing to put up with it...

@The guys telling me i have no friends and telling me to stop spilling my emotions on the internet....

stfu. There's nothing shameful about asking a large world-wide community about some advice, is there?
Last edited by Patty-cakez at Aug 24, 2008,
Nobody's mother supports the idea of musicianship as a career. It just is a truth. Stop smoking first of all, surprisingly being sober will cheer you up instead of depressing you. Start a band or jam with friends. Read a book. Draw a Picture. Take up dancing. join a club. Learn to play Go. i dont know. DO ANYTHING!
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Just wait afew years. Doesn't everyone go through this when they're kids? you've pretty much nailed how i've felt since i was about twelve. I've heard you just gotta wait it out. Smoking weed can make some people depressed.
Quote by Patty-cakez
So, Life's been a bitch to me lately... My family's been tearing itself apart from the inside, I never have anything to keep myself occupied anymore besides play video games or guitar, my mom doesn't give a **** about my future career as a musician (therefore, ruling her out of my "people to look to for support later in life" list), All i do is play video games and go to school (all i CAN do...), Many nights I go without sleeping but if I do sleep... It's not a good comfortable sleep, I'm 14 and smoking weed, and my role in this world seems pretty ****ing useless at the moment.... I'm asking The "Serious"-side of The Pit, any ideas how to make all the **** that's been piling up less of a burden, or any suggestions on how to live my life more effectively? Normally I don't care about many things, but It's beginning to get to a point where its too much to blow off...

you might have to kill yourself

srsly tho, the emo eminating from this wall of text is astounding

chill
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by Patty-cakez
I'm thinking this is the best suggestion at the moment... cuz you're right. Friends can help me deal with it, but I CAN'T hang out with them... My mom forces me to stay home and watch my retarded brother all week, rendering my summer vacation the ****tiest vacation known to man-kind. I'll try my best to get her to let me get out ad about and go hang out with my friends... plus my total amount of friends are about 60% mexican, and mexican families rawk.

FUCK YEA THEY Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im mexican myself
my family the same and i live in the ****yest place,but i don't smoke (i do drink sometimes) but i do nothing but skateboard play guitar,well and get laid,but that last one helps,im there with ya
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
You're a kid, so you won't understand. It's not so serious.

You're off very well, quit telling yourself that everything is worse than it is.
dude not to be a douche but thats really how everyone (or at least a lot of people) feel or felt at that time. being 13, 14, 15 usually just sucks, and lay off the weed. seriously im trying to help in a year or too youll look back and life will seem a lot better, it may still suck a little because life is a b*tch but really its no always so bad. and play guitar constantly or try and find a girl........or both.........or use guitar to find a girl
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
Umm.... Realize that setting up your entire life for a career as a musician has a ridiculously slim chance of working out?

Yeah, if you plan to be a musician, but all you do is go to school, smoke pot and play video games, then i think you're gonna have a rude awakening sometime down the road.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
start exercising, its a great motivator, stop laying around all the time and go out for a walk in the park, read a new book. don't use the p.c./ tv or video games for 1 whole day. take your mp3 player to the park and listen to some mellow songs while your viewing the field or w/e. you need to view more things. this will help you out i guarantee that, especially the exercising one. make sure your eating the right foods, it affects your mood.
Not too sure about how the weed habit is going, but try and kick it. It's wasting your moolah for one thing. Find good friends and stick with them. Friends, if they're true and good, will stick with you. However, don't just dump your stuff on them, they have their limits as well.

Also, not to get all parenty on you, stay sharp in school and do well, if you aren't already. You may want to be a musician, but getting straight As and good scores on standarized tests will keep your options open for the future. Seriously, don't underestimate the power of work. It'll for one thing keep you busy and focused and maybe draw your family to a positive thing, your will-be academic success.

Also, don't just play video games. At some point during your time playing, you'll realize that in excess video games can be quite the waste of time and you could be doing better things.

I don't know your complete situation man, but good luck with it. Hope your family issues are worked out well, and that you keep your head up.

Just my two cents.

G'luck man.

EDIT: Those of you who are jerks, you're all insanely funny. I can't hold back the lulz.

Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Last edited by AboveTheBridge at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by sk8ordie97
you can tell hes NOT emo cus he actually has problems

and emo's don't have problems?

emo is a problem
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
First off, I'd like to mention that your post was very well written for a 14 year old....no joke. You should look into a career in writing, or maybe even songwriting.

Just remember the family stuff isn't your fault and that it will eventually take care of itself. EVERY family has been in the same situation yours is in at one point or another.

I can infer from your first post that you're a smart kid. If you try hard in school you will go real far and everything will take care of itself. Lay off the weed, cause all it does is screw you up more and more; get involved in things, such as sports; and keep praying and you'll be fine. You'll be in my prayers.
The only thing I can tell you is to find something to help you vent emotions, I always bottle it up, and it is not good, every now and then, I reach boiling point and just snap at people for the most petty reasons, earlier, I snapped at one of my best mates....because he drank my beer, how pathetic is that? But then again, yesterday was the 8th anniversary of my dads death. Anyways I felt like a total arsehole and now I seriously need to find some way to vent. Any suggestions to help me get anger the hell out?

/Thread hijack
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by sk8ordie97
you can tell hes NOT emo cus he actually has problems

What problems?

"My family is messed up" - The family structure that everyone loves so much is a completely broken system. It doesn't work for anyone and it won't work for you.

"My mom won't support me as a musician" - Well my mom didn't support me when i wanted to be an astronaut, but you don't see me complaining.

"I can't get to sleep" - Ummm.. warm milk and testicular cancer support groups?

"All I do is play video games and go to school" - That's cause YOU'RE A TEENAGER. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

"My role in this world is seeming useless" - That's because it is, you're one in however many billion, quit trying to be useful and go find something you enjoy.

These aren't problems, they're facts of life that everybody deals with. If you can't deal with it, you're failing at life. Just quit dwelling on stuff that really isn't that bad.
Quote by Sharck
What problems?

"My family is messed up" - The family structure that everyone loves so much is a completely broken system. It doesn't work for anyone and it won't work for you.

"My mom won't support me as a musician" - Well my mom didn't support me when i wanted to be an astronaut, but you don't see me complaining.

"All I do is play video games and go to school" - That's cause YOU'RE A TEENAGER. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

"My role in this world is seeming useless" - That's because it is, you're one in however many billion, quit trying to be useful and go find something you enjoy.

These aren't problems, they're facts of life that everybody deals with. If you can't deal with it, you're failing at life. Just quit dwelling on stuff that really isn't that bad.

+10000000

you make so much sense
it's uncanny
Quote by BlackandSilver

Myspace
Enter Puberty.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by Patty-cakez

sorry, wrong forum
Quote by Sharck
What problems?

This is pretty much it right here. You have nothing really new to bitch about.

I mean sharcks not complaining about not being supported for his astronaut dream.
(but that's probably because he is one)
you need to get this nigger mentality out of your head. if you think its bad that you are smoking weed at 14 then stop! If your life is shit study harder! pick yourself up dont rely on other people to do it. study hard and practice your guitar hard. Then when you are making 100000+ a year you can look back and laugh

(i dont mean a nigger mentality in a raciest way. any race can have it
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
*Lift weights. Stop smoking. Exercise. Continue playing guitar.

All four things will make girls more attracted to you.

Confidence will ensue.

Then ask one of those girls out on a date.

Date this girl.

She will have friends who will then become your friends.

Chances are, one, or some of them will play an instrument.

Join a band with them/someone they recommend.

You'll become so consumed with making music, hanging out with friends, exercising and screwing your girlfriend your mom will no longer seem like she's "against your future of music".

Win.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Page 1 of 2