Alright so I mixed together a lot of coffee and tea into a cup and also put my volume/tone knobs and pickup selector from my strat in the cup too.
Will this stain the knobs/selector at all? If so, how long should I leave the parts inside the cup?
probably not. you'll probably want a chemical solvent, as anything that's left on the hardware will probably be residual...
------

Shwiggity.
No this should work. Fender says that it is a good way to artifically age parts.
I believe i've heard things like overnight. I'm guessing the longer they are in there, the more they will be reliced
Alright sweet.
I'll check it in the morning.

EDIT: What do I do after I take the parts out of the cup?
Wash them?

Also, what would the effect of microwaving this cup for about 2 minutes be?
Last edited by cratskomodo at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by cratskomodo
Alright sweet.
I'll check it in the morning.

EDIT: What do I do after I take the parts out of the cup?
Wash them?

Also, what would the effect of microwaving this cup for about 2 minutes be?

Metal + Microwave = BZZZZZ BANG.

Not a good idea
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
Metal + Microwave = BZZZZZ BANG.

Not a good idea

+1, if you put metal in the micro wave it will overload the microwave and blow it up.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 25, 2008,
yeah microwaving them may be a bad idea. I don't know if strat knobs are entirely plastic or have a metal connection inside of them to connect to the pots. If it is entirely plastic you may be able to microwave them for like 20-30 seconds, but I don't know what it would do.
Quote by XgamerGt04
yeah microwaving them may be a bad idea. I don't know if strat knobs are entirely plastic or have a metal connection inside of them to connect to the pots. If it is entirely plastic you may be able to microwave them for like 20-30 seconds, but I don't know what it would do.

It would warp them to hell. There's no point in microwaving them in the first place.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s