I practice a lot sitting down but when I can't play as good standing up. I'm having a whole lot of trouble tremolo picking while standing up. While sitting down, the guitar is horizantal and my pick is parallel with the strings, but when I attempt to tremolo pick standing up, the guitar is tilted up slightly so I can't tremolo pick at all... and if I stand up and hold it horizantally it looks weird and feels awkward... my tremolo picking is very clean while sitting down but super sloppy while standing up and the same goes for all my lead playing... any tips besides practice standing up?
Just adjust your strap to a point where it is at the same level as it would be if you are sitting down.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Play with your guitar higher on the strap?

or just practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Dont try to look cool so adjust your trap where you think feels right.

For tremolo picking i tilt my guitar a bit, guitar hero style (to get the star power?) It evens out the angle issue.
Quote by Pabli7o
Dont try to look cool so adjust your trap where you think feels right.

For tremolo picking i tilt my guitar a bit, guitar hero style (to get the star power?) It evens out the angle issue.

this
Lol looking cool comes from the point that you've practiced enough to be playing well with the guitar slung low, no need to be sissying there.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
playing standing up takes getting used to. i had the same issues along with trouble playing triplets and hitting the right strings.

it just takes practice and time playing standing up. i try to play mostly standing up for that reason.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
For me it was kinda hard getting used to standing up, but then I started to play in the classical position while sitting down. Now, I can't play with the guitar on my leg anymore as I don't have as much freedom and range with my left hand to play.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!