We all talk about seeing or hearing musicians so amazing they inspire us to practice like mad so that we can one day match or surpass them. But what about the opposite? Have you ever seen a band so appallingly mediocre or flat-out bad it drove you to practice more so that you might one day show the world what good music sounds like? I saw a couple of local bands last night that had that effect on me. Anybody else? Discuss.
Jonas Brothers.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Yes, actually.

I've also had that feeling towards a few people I've jammed with.

"Wow, people think this guy is good? Not to self: practice until you can rape him so you don't get put in the same category as him."
my guitarist

hes abosultely insane
although hes starting to get his priorities ****ed with his girlfriend...but hes still good
Aspiring to: Dave Mustaine of Megadeth and Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold

Mediocre bands to totally thrash: Jonas Brothers^, anyone on Disney Channel that is misguided into thinking theyre a musician, and any artist involved in this mainstream sh*t like watevers usually on TRL
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by itchy guitar
Jonas Brothers.
Yep, in fact, I watched some of that Miley Cyrus tour movie with the Jonas Brothers.

I was holding my guitar the entire time practicing, I don't know if that's odd or anything...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
Yep, in fact, I watched some of that Miley Cyrus tour movie with the Jonas Brothers.

I was holding my guitar the entire time practicing, I don't know if that's odd or anything...

Yea it is. I would've been fapping to Miley Cirus.
Quote by metaldud536
Yea it is. I would've been fapping to Miley Cirus.
Dude, Miley Cyrus when she's singing...

No thanks.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Lol, pretty much anything heard on 'highly listened to' radios, except those that were there before you were born.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Black Out Band. I think that's the one anyway, the kids who did that song about just wanting to playing videogames?
Quote by metaldud536
Put the volume down then. Sheesh...
I've seen her do stupid facial expressions too, and, her groping Nick Jonas is a boner killer if there ever is such a thing....

lol
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by Just Andrew
I've seen her do stupid facial expressions too, and, her groping Nick Jonas is a boner killer if there ever is such a thing....

lol

.........................................Groping?
yes. There's a local band that everyone knows and loves. Their guitarist gets a lot of praise from everyone, and he's nothing special.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan

Oh, hush.

The only people that motivate me in that way are people I know personally, not big-name bands.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Aug 24, 2008,
anything of this millennium...except wolfmother
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Quote by Flying Couch
Oh, hush.

The only people that motivate me in that way are people I know personally, not bug-name bands.

The hives motivate me sooo much!
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by Flying Couch
Oh, hush.

"Hush, Hush, thought I heard her callin' my name now!, Hush hush..."
Cookie anyone?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
"Hush, Hush, thought I heard her callin' my name now!, Hush hush..."
Cookie anyone?

Deep Purple.
Quote by leftybassdude
The hives motivate me sooo much!

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote by Flying Couch
Deep Purple.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by itchy guitar
Jonas Brothers.

Very first thing that popped in my head.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Flying Couch
Deep Purple.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

he said Bug names dont motivate him.

Bees are in hives.

it was a bad attempt at humor. sorry.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Yes. My band was playing Music Fest at a high school, and the band before us was atrocious. It's not bad enought hat i didn't like their style, but they were sloppy as hell, the singer could not hold a tune, and they all were using Line 6 Spider III's. I felt unsure about my performance abilities before, then was reassured afterwards.