I know the pit is just chock-full of doctors, so..

A couple days ago I had a sore throat, and today it developed into me losing my voice. I'm worried because I have a Job interview in a couple days. Anyone know what helps to get it back faster?
Awesome...take this to your advantage so you don't have to talk alot
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Stop giving blowjobs?

But seriously you should go to a real doctor or drink hot water with salt.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

It's always in the last place you look.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
It's always in the last place you look.

+1 Kensai, you are my new hero
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
halls methol cough drops. It may not get rid of a sore throat but it definately makes it feel better.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
Drink warm, soothing liquids. Nothing scorching though, not hot chocolate or coffee. Try some tea with honey. One thing i always do is just take a couple swig's of honey right out of the bottle.
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
Suck a Lifesaver!

****! that came out wrong! these things!

Or failing that Suck a fishermans friend!

Sorry I'll go now!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I have a question (lol thread hijack)

If I get a physical, can i ask about what i can do to improve my voice? He can help, right?
try gargling salt water three times a day.
Tea with lemon works wonders as well.

Menthol cough drops help to ease the pain or a wicked sore throat.

It may be a simple allergic reaction to something in the environment, check out a doctor if you think it might be a bacterial/viral infection becuase it sounds like it very well could be.
I have the same problem. My voice is gone, and I'm scheduled to record soon.
And I have to go in for job training this week.

CaptainJackass and I are embarking on a quest, people! Any help?
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
According to Melissa Cross, vocal coach, drinking tea or anything WILL NOT work.
The only way to fix it is to STOP TALKING. Do NOT say ANYTHING at ALL. ALL WEEK OMG.
If you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO SPEAK, do not whisper, as whispering jams your vocal chords together and just mashes up your throat and won't fix anything. Speak with the full power of your lost voice.

Hope I helped.
Yes if you have a physical scheduled soon then he can give some suggestions, but he can't prescribe anything for it specifically I think.

Yes, dont' whisper, it does more damage then speaking at a normal volume.

But I still recommend the home remedies I listed. Even though they don't do anything toward healing faster, you sure as hell feel better.