okay i have an Ibanez RG4EXQM1 and its great i love everything about it except for one thing. the Edge III tremelo sucks. it constantly goes out of tune and has unfixable intonation problems. my question is how much (if possible) would it cost to replace the tremelo with something that could be blocked off. i want something as close to a non tremelo as possible and i cant just block it off cuz the intonation is unfixable and needs to be remedied.
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
dude, you can just stick a piece of wood between the guitar and trem.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/JudokaUSA/Block_Bridge.jpg

that should help a lot.
I have the same guitar and same problem
love the guitar, not the trem. But that seriously works, just that block of wood will do it
G3AR:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (EMG-81)
Peavey AC BXP-4
Jackson Dinky Reverse (EMG-81)
Gallien-Krueger Backline 112
Peavey Backstage 110
Digitech RP2000

you can try the stew-mac tremol-no, which allows for the full use of tremolo, minus the tuning problems. this way you can have your cake and eat it too
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by acdc51502112
or you can actually set it up:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

Whats the point of setting it up, if it only goes out of tune the minute you use it?

GRG170DX owner here, just stick a piece of wood between the guitar and the bridge, I used a ruber eraser and it works great.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
I think Edge bridges are totally swappable to a Floyd Rose with no mods... you could do that, or buy an original Ibanez Edge trem. Either way you'll have something much better that stays in tune much better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have Edge I, Pro Edge, Edge Zero resistance, and a floyd rose from a ibanez for sale =p
Yeah, the edge 3s are notorious for being crap. Mine was. The knife edges wore down in under 3 months. If you want a good trem then fit a floyd rose but if you don't use the trem at all you can block it off.
Floyd rose original/gotoh LFR are direct replacements for the EdgeIII.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by andrerav
Rubber erasers? Bigsby on an Ibanez? Whaaat?

I agree wtf is with that?

I have an Ibanez and that thing stays in tune after the hardest of plank spanking
i know i can block off the tremelo but the intonation is utterly impossible to fix so i think it needs to be replaced. deos anyone know some trems thatll fit my guitar? not a bigsby....on an ibanez......honestly wat the f*ck

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz

MY COUSIN IS HOT
ya i think so

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz

MY COUSIN IS HOT
check that your bridge is parallel and that your neck has the correct amount of relief. as said before, if you're going to replace the bridge, use a floyd rose original or a gotoh licensed floyd rose.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
why not replace it with an original floyd rose
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
why not replace it with an original floyd rose

do this. firstoff it's much easier to get parallel (it doesn't have a baseplate that is angled up from the top, so if the plate is flush with the top, it's parallel), second it's a great trem, third of all it flutters (which you can't do with a lot of licensed FRS).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden