which one is better? the AD30TC Combo or the Rockerverb 50w Combo? I need it only for the distortion. as heavy as possible
Why get Orange when you can get Green?

I'm actually not a fan of either of those, especially the AD30. It's very fizzy IMO. I do like the Orange Thunderverb, though.
Rockerverb has more gain.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
get a used jcm 800

much cheaper

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Maybe you shouldn't be going Orange if you need it as heavy as possible.
For the same price as the Rockerverb 50 you can get a Splawn Quickrod which outclasses the Orange in everything. I'm pretty sure you can even order it with Orange tolex.
Quote by sideshowlinc
which one is better? the AD30TC Combo or the Rockerverb 50w Combo? I need it only for the distortion. as heavy as possible

You really don't want an AD30 if you want it as heavy as possible. i play mid gain modern-hard rock and my Rockerverb does that for me. If you want hevay, look at something from ENGL or Bad Cat, because Orange won't cut it for 'as heavy as possible". The Orange Rockerverb will only just do thrash and it's a bit too mid-based for what you want.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Horlicks
Maybe you shouldn't be going Orange if you need it as heavy as possible.
For the same price as the Rockerverb 50 you can get a Splawn Quickrod which outclasses the Orange in everything. I'm pretty sure you can even order it with Orange tolex.

Heavy can mean different things. I'd rather have an Orange amp for Doom than a Splawn.

Try the Thunderverb, and try a Matamp. Matamp was the original makers of Orange amps way back in the day.
Quote by IncubusMan999
You really don't want an AD30 if you want it as heavy as possible. i play mid gain modern-hard rock and my Rockerverb does that for me. If you want hevay, look at something from ENGL or Bad Cat, because Orange won't cut it for 'as heavy as possible". The Orange Rockerverb will only just do thrash and it's a bit too mid-based for what you want.

Wat?

Too mid based?

Wat?

Can only do thrash?

Wat?

Did he even say what he wants, besides heavy?
Quote by 666_Pounder

WIN!
Quote by imgooley
It's very fizzy

wat?

Anywhos... the Rockerverb can definitely do metal and is quite understated when it comes to how much gain it has. Only real problem is that i find most metal players like amps with loads of channels and loads of features, that's where the Rockerverb would fall short. You could have a look at Splawns but as you're looking at Orange i'm gonna assume you're in the UK. In that case, you *could* have a look at some Laney models, specifically the VH100R (yeah i know i recommend one in every other thread) which, imo, is a very underrated amp, with a thick, non-fizzy distiortion and an amazing lead sound. And it's surprisingly versatile as it has rather nice cleans too .
Quote by alexlemon2
wat?

The AD30 and the AD140 are very fizzy to my ears. Played them both pretty extensively with several different guitars.
Quote by imgooley
Wat?

Too mid based?

Wat?

Can only do thrash?

Wat?

Did he even say what he wants, besides heavy?

He said he wanted "as heavy as possible", whicih I assume would be high gain, american voicing, scooped sort of sound that would go into the realms of something like death, black or even doom metal if you are talking about slow, heavy, and, solely form the fact that I am an owner of a Rockerverb 50 combo, I said that the gain stages on the amp would be able to do thrash at best, with a suitable OD, but wouldn't have enough gain to explore the realms of extreme metal territory. I then recommended some beter options accordingly.

As an amp, the Rockerverb 50 is also quite rich in mids, with the way that the power-amp is voiced, even if you attempt to sccop the mids (which is a sin on that amp IMO) therefore, it wouldn't be the best option for HEAVY, HEAVY music. I'm just working with the info I got mate.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by imgooley
Heavy can mean different things. I'd rather have an Orange amp for Doom than a Splawn.

Try the Thunderverb, and try a Matamp. Matamp was the original makers of Orange amps way back in the day.

I think I would also agree with this TS, a Splawn doesn't necessarily 'outclass' the Orange, Orange are great amps and if you were to go Orange for ultra heavy, a Thunderverb would probably be the best option. As i said, i would also look at ENGL and Bad Cat.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM