Poll: Does Marijuana Inspire Musical Creativity Or Degrade It??
Poll Options
View poll results: Does Marijuana Inspire Musical Creativity Or Degrade It??
Yeah man, light up another doobie DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
213 54%
No, not for me
135 34%
I hate all drugs and want to ban everything so i can be in charge!
25 6%
Im more into harder things like cocai-wha who's that??!?!
20 5%
Voters: 393.
Page 1 of 4
I was just wondering, i sometimes hear dickheads on the TV saying marijuana is the key to music and all that, but for me it doesn't create amazing music it just makes the music that I'm playing sound really nice for my ears and when something comes along it sounds great but when you hear it again it sounds average.

But yeah everyone different so what's your opinion.

(and please no one say things like "weed iz 4 dumbazz hippyzz", some people enjoy other things than the next person so keep the freedom, man)
I've got along fine without it, don't see the point in starting now. Although I am planning on developing a coke addiction once I'm famous.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's not necessarily the key to good music and creativity, but some will say that it helps quite a bit.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Although I am planning on developing a coke addiction once I'm famous.

Why?
Didn't ever help me out. Kinda degrading for me, actually.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I think music written on weed sounds great while you are on weed. except for pink floyd. yeah pink floyd sounds great all the time.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
I enjoy making fun of stoners. So, its not letting me keep my freedom if you ask me not to.

Damn hippies.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
See: Primus and Dream Theater John Myung is secretly a big addict why do you think he tackled james LaBrie for 100 bucks.
well, if you actually have the motivation to write songs after you get baked, then itll help you see things in a different light.
inna gadda divida.
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
yes and no
ha!
i win
92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music
Quote by rabidguitarist
I've got along fine without it, don't see the point in starting now. Although I am planning on developing a coke addiction once I'm famous.

+1
I've been planning on doing that for a while.
Quote by an epic mistake
I think music written on weed sounds great while you are on weed. except for pink floyd. yeah pink floyd sounds great all the time.

true that! when your in the same mind state it just relates better know what i mean, plus its like a massage for the ears and mind
Quote by rabidguitarist

I've been planning to take advantage of you while you're under the influence for quite some time.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
In my opinion I think it just makes you think your playing better when your actually not.
Traben Array Custom 5-String
Acoustic 170 Combo
Line 6 Bass Pod

Quote by rabidguitarist

don't be such an underachiever
go for the real stuff. meth is where its at
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I used to swear by it, then thought nah man it's either there or it aint...

But recently i got back into the thought of **** it smoke a tiny bit an loosen some musical inhinbitions.
It helps me

Cleans the mind, heals the soul, gets me closer to Jah, and I can jam the fuck out something serious when I'm baked.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by Perk-a-nation
In my opinion I think it just makes you think your playing better when your actually not.

yeah, you put what i said in my description into better words
Quote by Perk-a-nation

yeah, you put what i said in my description into better words
If anything, it degrades. My friend and I were playing guitar while we were high and we sounded like a vulture being raped by a pineapple covered in sand.
It takes away from whatever youre really feeling. Its bad.
Quote by cheeseman3001
don't be such an underachiever
go for the real stuff. meth is where its at

I don't know. I mean, I could properly **** myself up with both, but at least if I use coke, I'll get the added bonus of having a face that bleeds.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It doesn't inspire musical creativity, if you normally have trouble letting out your inspiration it can allow you to more easily unlock that inspiration you already had in your head.

But yeah, there are some genres of music that you have to be baked to come up with stuff for.
It definitly gets you deeper into music. Try it out 2 or 3 times, it doesn't work for everybody, but I think it's great. It generally makes you much more relaxed and into the flow of the music.

'Sides, marijuana does like, nothing worse to your body than say, standing next to a gas station for a few minutes. As far as I know, it was banned so black jazz musicians wouldn't be able to seduce white women or something like that.
Quote by FileDeleted
inna gadda divida.

I think that was inspired by something a little stronger than weed...
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by DrPants PhD
If anything, it degrades. My friend and I were playing guitar while we were high and we sounded like a vulture being raped by a pineapple covered in sand.

you were playing Avril Lavigne then?
There is absolutely nothing better than being stoned and mid swing of a jam. It's like the boundaries that keep your in soul inside your body. Are broken and your soul melds with the music. No matter the genre.

Which is a definite yes.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I don't know. I mean, I could properly **** myself up with both, but at least if I use coke, I'll get the added bonus of having a face that bleeds.

Worked for Amy Winehouse, and now she's got 10 times the amount of headlines she'd have as she would be without coke!
Quote by ZeBubba!
There is absolutely nothing better than being stoned and mid swing of a jam. It's like the boundaries that keep your in soul inside your body. Are broken and your soul melds with the music. No matter the genre.

Which is a definite yes.

+420
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by FileDeleted
inna gadda divida.

And how consistent were Iron Butterfly?
The answer is no. Marajuana makes you more relaxed and for a small amount of time you might be more inspired. Then the apathy sets in and you music turns to s**t.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
I think it really depends. People on drugs can make some great music, but then again they can make really **** music too. People who arent on drugs seem to be more consistent. For the most part though, I think people are good musicians or bad musicians regardless of whether they do drugs.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
And how consistent were Iron Butterfly?
The answer is no. Marajuana makes you more relaxed and for a small amount of time you might be more inspired. Then the apathy sets in and you music turns to s**t.

XD

You haven't really ever experienced weed, have you?
man, it's no good for music when your monging out though, last time i was just sat on a friends bed playing G and E for about half an hour
Quote by piratemetalhead
XD

You haven't really ever experienced weed, have you?

I have, it was boring.
I wasn't any more motivated to make music (actually, I couldn't play my bass without making a bunch of buzzing XD). I just sat there and watched TV
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Page 1 of 4