UPDATE: can someone tell me if this G chord sounds in tune to you?

g_test.mp3

my piece of **** guitar strap just came off on me causing my guitar to crash to the ground

brand NEW agile les paul got ****ed up

I'm gonna murder someone

I'm really scared that the fall may have bent the neck:

what the hell do I do now?

how do I check the neck for damage. The thick e string is buzzing now but I can't tell if its been detuned. obv I can't plug it in until I get this ****ing jack fixed now

I can't believe this just happened to me. this guitar was the only thing keeping me sane
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at Aug 24, 2008,
i'm not expert, but it just looks like the jack plate got cracked. you can get new ones

check musicianfriend and guitar center
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
guitarpartsresource.com !!!

for guitar parts of course
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
Yea, looks like the output jack plate is smashed in. easy fix. get a new one, replace it, check your jack itself, see if the ground and hot wires were unsoldered, probably the cause of the buzzing anyway.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ezlntrooper
Yea, looks like the output jack plate is smashed in. easy fix. get a new one, replace it, check your jack itself, see if the ground and hot wires were unsoldered, probably the cause of the buzzing anyway.

No it was due to the g string getting detuned down a half step due to the fall. Though the g is still buzzing some (acoustically) I remember if it was before.

wires are still soldered, I plugged it into my amp and checked the pickup selector switch and the output, it seems okay but I'm still worried and ultimately pissed.

Do they sell guitar straps that don't freakin come off when they feel like it?

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
les pauls need strap locks. i learned the had way with my gibson, but all is well now. the neck looks fine from those pics but give it a close inspection just in case.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
get strap locks
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
That's why if you wanna be metal rock band slash star, you need strap locks.
Are you using strap locks? If not, buy some and install them right after you take the guitar to a repairman and have it looked over. Dunlop makes a good set. I don't know why all guitars don't come with strap locks.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
wish I had known about strap locks. ****

i'm gonna take it into a guitar tech tomorrow to be safe. it still sounds a little off to me, but it could just be that I'm paranoid but the g chord sounds like its out of tune even though I tuned all the strings. maybe the intonation got thrown out of whack

thanks for looking at it guys

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Quote by Free to Guitar
. I don't know why all guitars don't come with strap locks.

'cause the more guitars that you break, the more $ manufacturers make selling you replacements!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
check out some schaller straplocks.
Yet to fail me despite that they are older me!
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
The first thing I noticed when I got my Agile AG-3000's was that if I kept the normal strap peg thing on the top then for sure the strap was going to come off of it. They are just too small to keep the strap on, so the next day I put on Shaller strap locks. I have an EC-1000, an Eclipse and an Epiphone, and a couple Agiles, all les paul bodies, and the Agiles are the only one with this "problem". I suggest you pick up a strap lock of some sort and you shouldn't have this happen again. Good luck with the repairs.
does anyone else know why the G chord would sound a little out of tune, i'm strumming it acoustically, not plugged in

i've checked the neck straightness, the intonation, and the tuning of the strings themselves, everything seems to look fine?

what else could have gotten messed up.

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Last edited by mlfarrell at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by Ian hawkins
check out some schaller straplocks.
Yet to fail me despite that they are older me!

Schaller! That's what I have, not Dunlops. Dunlop does make a set that are supposedly pretty good but I've had good experience with my Schallers, though it was a little bit of a bitch to get it installed. One screw wasn't quite big enough, so I spent about an hour fiddlin' with wood glue and toothpicks to get it to fit.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
the nut. G strings on les pauls are always out of tune though, i have played gibsons and even they are out of tune
when i see threads like these, they scare me, this is the biggest fear I have with my guitar. I would get it professionally inspected, because there could be damage that is not visible through those pics.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
chord the g and pluck all the strings envolved, fing the one outta whack and tune it. also make c chords and d chords and other chords to see if they are flat / sharp w`evr. remember wood is hard to bend. you may have to have it re set up tho. your luck nothing more broke than the jack inlet.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
:'(
-cries-
I'm sorry man, get some strap locks is all i can say. :/

Note: Gibson's G's aren't always out of tune. o_O
My dad's Les Paul sounds like an angel. Descending from heaven XD

EDIT: OH! Try putting a new set of strings on and tune them. Try it... :P
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.