Which is best for practicing? Tablature or Chords? If Tablature, are Chords essential? and vici-versa. I find tablature pretty easy to play and I know how to read it like reading a book of my language. But chords... disaster...
I AM IMAGINING THE FUTURE WARS... GUITAR WARS, EVERYONE HAS B.C RICH WARLOCKS THAT FIRE BULLETS AS FAST AS HELL.
You really need to be able to do both. Tab is great, i love it so much. But for scales, you need to know what chord its based on, also, if you're playing a song, and your band mates want to change the key to something else, you'll need a lot of chord knowledge to do that. tab is great, but chords are vital. What kind of music do you play? In metal, you'll see more of tab than just chords cus of the solos, in Punk or Folk, or some Jazz, You'll see chords WAY more so you should really be able to do both. But right now, it seems like you have tab pretty much down. Practice your chords, become stronger with them, it'll make you a WAY BETTER guitarist!
Just learn the basic chords and you'll be fine. These days the selection of tabs is ridiculous and most chord sheets come with the shapes written down.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic