Hey guys,

First post on these sweet forums to ask anyone who have worked in a music shop a simple question :

What's the usual cost (vs. list price ... ) for musical instruments (guitars & basses) and amps ?

From my tiny retail experiences, I know it varies a lot from a field to another ...

I'm asking because I got a pass-through with someone I know to make a purchase at a cost + 10% price and I'm trying to figure out what I`ll treat myself to (Already know it`s a bass, but from what price range ... that's where I'm wondering :-))

Thanks a lot for any pointer / general rule just so I can look at the right list price range for my budget (I need to do that quick and have about 500$ lying around I`ll put on it, bass or bass amp most probably).

Keep on trucking ...
Over 9000 Dollars
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
That's a stupid question.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Low End
Hey guys,

First post on these sweet forums to ask anyone who have worked in a music shop a simple question :

What's the usual cost (vs. list price ... ) for musical instruments (guitars & basses) and amps ?

From my tiny retail experiences, I know it varies a lot from a field to another ...

I'm asking because I got a pass-through with someone I know to make a purchase at a cost + 10% price and I'm trying to figure out what I`ll treat myself to (Already know it`s a bass, but from what price range ... that's where I'm wondering :-))

Thanks a lot for any pointer / general rule just so I can look at the right list price range for my budget (I need to do that quick and have about 500$ lying around I`ll put on it, bass or bass amp most probably).

Keep on trucking ...

http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Doppelgänger
C'mon guys. Don't chew up the goddamn newbies.

Why not?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
He means he wants the price that the guitar store gets it for. An employee will get a the price the store got it for plus 10 %. In some cases, this is a huge discount. Google won't help you here.

Edit:
Quote by kicknas
+1

Your an August 08'er.....
Maybe you should look in a catalog (i.e. musicians friend) or maybe look here at the vast interweb, as I call it. Or even look in the newspaper. Or ask a local music store. Or use Google. Or a catalog's website. Or USE GOOGLE. Or maybe word your question better.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Warheart1188
Maybe you should look in a catalog (i.e. musicians friend) or maybe look here at the vast interweb, as I call it. Or even look in the newspaper. Or ask a local music store. Or use Google. Or a catalog's website. Or USE GOOGLE. Or maybe word your question better.

Read my post right above you.
Wha, that was some fast forum-trolling, some of you got skills :-)

I just want to goddamn know if stores usually have a cost of 50% of list or more like 80% ... pretty simple, no ???

I knew I shouldnt have posted that on the Pit ...
That`s not the kind of thing that they shout publicly ... obviously ...