Ok so I'm playing my EC1000 when all of a sudden the top strap button randomly falls out of the hole. So I'm like w/e no big deal it was just loose so i screw it back in. A few minutes later it comes out once more. Upon further investigation I discover that the hole is completely stripped and the strap button slides in and out freely. So i need some guidance. Is there any strap buttons that may have a wider screw that would not cause any further damage to the guitar?
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
Last edited by endless_fight1 at Aug 24, 2008,
Option 1: Find a bigger screw that is longer and wider that will fit through the strap button.

Option 2: Get strap locks that come with a bigger screw.

OPtion 3: Wood puddy the hole and put the screw in it and let it sit for a 1/2 hour to an hour.
cheers betch
a quick fix is to jam a toothpick into the hole, then put the screw in and tighten as normal
stick a toothpick or matchstick with a little bit of wood glue, wait for it to dry and then screw the strap in. it should hold then.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
wrong wrong wrong.

wood filler. let it dry for a day. Then you can screw it back in. Elmer's makes it for god's sake, not hard.

I won't tell you the temporary match stick fix either.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
i agree with the toothpick thing. try schaller straplocks. their screws are larger than most strap button screws.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC