Hey Pit, it's been a while.
I come to you for advice, i need some sort of affective process to memorize something.
In my case it's key signatures and their relative minors.
I can't quite stare at the paper until it's stuck in my head, so i need some other method.
Suggestions on ways to memorize this stuff?
Quote by hug a llama
I usually just pretend I'm batman on duty. It makes me feel useful to society.

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Penguins are ****ing creepy. They all just stand there, staring... with their EYES. Like beady eyed tuxedo clad stalkers.
I remember you.

I can maybe help with key signatures. What exactly are looking for? Is this for theory class?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Might get better response in musicians forum? but look up the circle of fifths and I think what my teacher told us to help us remember how to read key signatures when we were learning them was something like "Fat Cats Go Down Alleys Eating Bread" F C G D A E B, thats the order of sharps.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
practice them.

Look at a piece of paper, play the scale, don't look at the paper and keep saying the key sig and relative minors out loud while you play the scales.

Rinse and repeat for about 30 minutes a day for a week and you should have htem all down.

Work them one by one, trying to take them all at once won't work. Instead try doing one sig a day and every subsequent day reviewing the signatures you learned the previous days by playing them memorized.
Quote by brandon369852
I remember you.

I can maybe help with key signatures. What exactly are looking for? Is this for theory class?

Yeah, it's for music theory class, i need to memorize the key signatures and their relative minors (such as C major and a minor) before school starts. Also, what they look like in notation.
I've got a paper with all of them right there, but i just don't know how i'm going to get them all in my head. It gives me no little trick to use to remember them.
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Penguins are ****ing creepy. They all just stand there, staring... with their EYES. Like beady eyed tuxedo clad stalkers.
If I remember correctly(I haven't done much with theory for a few years) if you have C, there are no flats or sharps, right? To get the relative minor of that, you just go down 3 half notes, which is A, then you use the same key signature.

How to memorize, let me look up a site that I used to use, I'm not sure if I can find it though.
Follow me on Twitter
Make acronyms.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by dillzaster
Yeah, it's for music theory class, i need to memorize the key signatures and their relative minors (such as C major and a minor) before school starts. Also, what they look like in notation.
I've got a paper with all of them right there, but i just don't know how i'm going to get them all in my head. It gives me no little trick to use to remember them.

playing music isnt about little tricks son
another easy way to learn them is to see the first note of each scale, and joining it with the amount of sharps and flats required. Then as long as you know that the minor keys will be the 3rd, 6th, and 5th?(7th?) of the natural scale, adjust the flats/sharps accordingly.
Just remember the fifths.
If you have a guitar, imagine in your head you play the root, and on the next thinnest string, two frets up, there's the fifth. Or, playing the root, one string thicker and on the same fret is the fifth. So memorize that it starts on C and goes
C G D A E B F#/Gb Db Ab Eb Bb F C
Then remember that the relative minor of C is A, and the circle of fifths continues.
a, e, b, f#, c#, g#, eb/d# bb, f, c, g, d, a

It helps if you look at this while you read what I am saying.
The root of the Major circle of fifths starts on C.
The root of the Minor circle of fifths starts on A.
Both series of fifths are identical, except which note contains no accidentals.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
playing music isnt about little tricks son

Learning music theory isn't necessarily playing music, i'm memorizing shit
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
http://www.guitargames.net/games/keyHunt/

Try this site. I've never seen it before, but it seems like it could be of some help.

EDIT: And from UG 2 years ago.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-327680.html

They have a bunch of acronyms you can use, just make some up in a way you can remember them. That's basically all you have to do.
Follow me on Twitter
Rad. I'm just gonna study all this stuff tonight. Haha. Thanks brosephs!
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by x_themetalfan_x