Is it weird to not be able to play chords with one hand but not be able to play clean notes with the other and have little reach?
Going from 1-5 with my left hand is easy, going from 1-4 with my right hurts. Doing chords with my left hand is almost impossible(I can barely do powerchords) but with my right hand it's pretty easy after I get the fingering right a couple times.
I've practiced stretching my right hand but there's absolutely no progress, I've tried working on my coordination with my left hand but that's going nowhere.

I play bass righty and guitar lefty, despite me being left handed, if that changes your opinion.

EDIT: When I put my hands together and stretch my fingers as far as they will go, they both go the same width before they start to hurt too much.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
Is it weird to not be able to play chords with one hand but not be able to play clean notes with the other and have little reach?
Going from 1-5 with my left hand is easy, going from 1-4 with my right hurts. Doing chords with my left hand is almost impossible(I can barely do powerchords) but with my right hand it's pretty easy after I get the fingering right a couple times.
I've practiced stretching my right hand but there's absolutely no progress, I've tried working on my coordination with my left hand but that's going nowhere.

I play bass righty and guitar lefty, despite me being left handed, if that changes your opinion.

EDIT: When I put my hands together and stretch my fingers as far as they will go, they both go the same width before they start to hurt too much.

how long have you been practicing and working on coordination?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
how long have you been practicing and working on coordination?

The last like 4 months.

I only tried playing Lefty because my sister kept making fun of me for "standing like a left handed guitarist" It felt a lot more natural but playing notes is just a bitch.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
The last like 4 months.

I only tried playing Lefty because my sister kept making fun of me for "standing like a left handed guitarist" It felt a lot more natural but playing notes is just a bitch.

.....what?

If you're right handed, play right handed guitar. If it doesn't feel natural, keep practicing until it does.
Banging on a trash can
Quote by Bottle of Dirt

heh i forgot im not in the pit i shouldnt do this to posts
Quote by BigFatSandwich
.....what?

If you're right handed, play right handed guitar. If it doesn't feel natural, keep practicing until it does.

Hehe, now you start to see the problem.
I'm left handed, I play bass and guitar. I play bass right handed and guitar left handed. If I practice playing chords right handed, nothing really comes from it aside from being able to pick multiple strings easier. If I practice notes left handed nothing really comes from it.
The last month or so I've only been practicing right handed and haven't touched my left handed guitar and I'm still at the same point.
Why not just commit to left handed? Because playing bass right handed is natural for me and it's a ****ing pain to have to practice picking and fingering with both hands.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
Hehe, now you start to see the problem.
I'm left handed, I play bass and guitar. I play bass right handed and guitar left handed. If I practice playing chords right handed, nothing really comes from it aside from being able to pick multiple strings easier. If I practice notes left handed nothing really comes from it.
The last month or so I've only been practicing right handed and haven't touched my left handed guitar and I'm still at the same point.
Why not just commit to left handed? Because playing bass right handed is natural for me and it's a ****ing pain to have to practice picking and fingering with both hands.

Ok, I assumed you were right handed. My advice to you: pick one or the other and stick with it for both instruments. It all comes down to the same old response you're going to get a million times: practice.
Banging on a trash can
Pretty much what BigFatSandwich said; stick to one hand or another.

If you've been playing with one hand more than the other, you're not going to have as good a stretch on the "neglected" one. But srsly, you're not going to get anywhere if you keep changing hands. Fact.