the chorus is the part of the song that usually repeats itself
EDIT: ok let's say the song is sweet child O'mine the chorus is when Axl says: Ooooh ooh oh sweet child O'mine. and the rest of the lyrics would be the verse
Last edited by exect4500 at Aug 25, 2008,
A chorus is typically repeated in a song, essentially its "hook" Where as a verse follows a basic melody or structure but with different words.

Intro, Verse 1, Chorus, Verse 2, Chorus, Bridge (or Solo), Chorus.... Is a straight forward common song structure.

The following definitions are from dictionary.com

Verse
a. a part of a song following the introduction and preceding the chorus.

Chorus
d. a part of a song that recurs at intervals, usually following each verse; refrain.
Last edited by boonsnic at Aug 25, 2008,
dude thats just sad
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by violencekid9
dude thats just sad

well, he said it was a really newbie question. just didn't specify it was THIS newbie.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by boonsnic
A chorus is typically repeated in a song, essentially its "hook" Where as a verse follows a basic melody or structure but with different words.

Intro, Verse 1, Chorus, Verse 2, Chorus, Bridge (or Solo), Chorus.... Is a straight forward common song structure.

The following definitions are from dictionary.com

Verse
a. a part of a song following the introduction and preceding the chorus.

Chorus
d. a part of a song that recurs at intervals, usually following each verse; refrain.

Hell, the thread could have ended right here. Can't get much easier than that
The chorus is usualy the part you remember because they say it so many fricken times in a song....
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
Quote by Elusive
The chorus is usualy the part you remember because they say it so many fricken times in a song....

Yeah... Except in Slipknot's case, in which the crazy catchy lyrics happen outside the choruses.