How much does the fretboard wood actually matter? And I know Ebony is better than rosewood (i don't know why it is but i know it lol) but I was wondering, if you get a decient piece of rosewood and a not so decient Ebony, would the Ebony still be better just because it's ebony?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
It makes a difference but it's rather small. The pickups absolutely dwarf the fretboard wood, and I think the neck and body wood and the type of joint between them are more important as well.
I believe ebony has a slicker feel, hence, slides and such are smoother. Rosewood, maple, etc., are less oily...
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Really boils down to personal taste, imo.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
its preference really. Ebony is a richer wood than rosewood, but you might get a bad cut with any wood. If you get a nice cut of ebony, cherish it. Nowadays what im seeing is if you buy a high end guitar that is made overseas you get a cheap ebony almost like a really dark rosewood. The USA made guitars have nice cut's though.