i personally come up with lyrics and the melody of the lyrics first.... than in my mind i come up with a kickass riff... usually just some powerchords... and i think of which chords would fit to the rest of the song... so basicly yeah... it all starts with powerchords (like they say.... first there were dinosaurs, then ramones)...

once you're done with powerchords you can start editing them... i love to put some boogie on some of the chords... example:
instead of

a4.4.4.4
e2.2.2.2

you play

a4.6.4.6
e2.2.2.2

but that's just one way... personally my favorite have fun.. and yeah of you dont understand my point.. go ahead and ask
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by bainsy911
how do i write a song in rock music using power chords and which scales do i use

most people string 2, 3, 4 chords together, jam them round and round, and try various melodic things over it till they find something they like...

what chords, what melodic things? whatever sounds good to you
out of here
so i hear minor pentotonic is good for music do i come up with chords then jam with a band and improvise minor pentotonic i think i spelt pentotonic wrong
Nobody can teach you how to write a song - it's up to you to decide what to do with the tools at your disposal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by bainsy911
so i hear minor pentotonic is good for music do i come up with chords then jam with a band and improvise minor pentotonic i think i spelt pentotonic wrong

They're good for Hendrix type stuff and blues. Also pretty much any type of rock or metal soloing.